A form of arithmetic based on source code

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Logan Lee, Dec 27, 2007.

  1. Logan Lee

    Logan Lee Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Logan Lee

    Jack Klein Guest

    On 27 Dec 2007 05:12:28 GMT, Logan Lee
    <> wrote in comp.lang.c:

    > http://www.geocities.com/logan.lee30/a_form_of_arithmetic_based_on_source_code.html

    This is the first time I have looked at anything you linked to here.

    Your page has nothing at all to do with the C language, and rather
    looks like gibberish to me.

    You seem to be either a troll or a person of relatively low IQ with an
    overly high impression of yourself.

    In either case, I suggest you leave this group and spare it your
    nonsense.

    I won't know either way, because...

    *plonk*

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, Dec 27, 2007

  3. "Jack Klein" <> wrote in message
    > Your page has nothing at all to do with the C language, and rather
    > looks like gibberish to me.

    It's either gibberish or genius that I don't understand.

    The idea seems to be to extend some sort of formal notation to concatenation
    and flow tree operations on C source code. I am not convinced that it
    describes anything useful, but I'm not entirely sure of that.

    --
    Free games and programming goodies.
    http://www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~bgy1mm

    Malcolm McLean, Dec 28, 2007
  4. On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 09:22:06 -0000, "Malcolm McLean"
    <> wrote:

    >"Jack Klein" <> wrote in message
    >> Your page has nothing at all to do with the C language, and rather
    >> looks like gibberish to me.
    >>

    >It's either gibberish or genius that I don't understand.

    It's neither gibberish nor genius, though the term "arithmetic"
    is misleading. It is a fragment of a reinvention of a theory of
    formal grammars.

    >The idea seems to be to extend some sort of formal notation to concatenation
    >and flow tree operations on C source code. I am not convinced that it
    >describes anything useful, but I'm not entirely sure of that.

    It's incomplete; given enough work he could reinvent BNF. That's
    useful, though the language and compiler groups might be more
    appropriate.

    Richard Harter, Dec 28, 2007
  5. "Richard Harter" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 09:22:06 -0000, "Malcolm McLean"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>It's either gibberish or genius that I don't understand.

    > It's neither gibberish nor genius, though the term "arithmetic"
    > is misleading. It is a fragment of a reinvention of a theory of
    > formal grammars.
    >
    > It's incomplete; given enough work he could reinvent BNF. That's
    > useful, though the language and compiler groups might be more
    > appropriate.

    So it is genius. Unfortunately it has been done before, and he hasn't got
    all the way there yet. So no hall of fame yet for Logan Lee.

    However next idea ...

    Malcolm McLean, Dec 29, 2007