A frame for my buttonized pictures?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by italo, Nov 1, 2010.

  1. italo

    italo Guest

    italo, Nov 1, 2010

  2. italo

    dorayme Guest

    In article <4cce65fb$0$30915$>,
    "italo" <> wrote:

    > Hello, this is a sample of what I have in my site:
    >
    > http://www.oreliete.net/photoframe.htm
    >
    > As you see, the photo has a sort of frame, and clicking on any part of it or
    > on the photo
    > you go to another part of the site.
    >
    > I should like having a "real" photo frame like this sample:
    >
    > http://www.oreliete.net/images/photoframe.jpg
    >
    > How could it be realized? Thank you.
    >
    > Italo (from Italy)

    Depends how good you are with photoshop or the like. There are
    two ways to do this.

    1. One is to combine photoframe.jpg with the picture of bird
    (U0044-001-GM1tt-.jpg) in one file and simply to be rid of the
    present

    background-image:
    url(http://www.orefelici.com/sfondi/sfondo42.jpg);

    2. The other way is to substitute the 'frame' given by
    sfondo42.jpg for a frame made up by you from photoframe.jpg.

    photoframe.jpg is a very badly taken photo, in that the camera
    'film' plane was not true and square to the picture. So it makes
    the following just that harder:

    You need to select just the frame (the outside outline will do)
    and then reduce the width and increase the height (yes,
    technically distorting it, but it will be OK). Once prepared, you
    could substitute the result for the present background image of
    sfondo42.jpg.

    The first option is easier. But if your intention is to have all
    sorts of photos (of the same size) going there at different
    times, you will need to do the second thing I mention.

    Choosing a simple frame (more like what you actually have) will
    make life easier. There are lots to choose from.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Nov 1, 2010