    I want to work with Sun's JRE and not to install another (maybe old)
    like JBuilder.

    thanks!
    Guest, Jun 27, 2005

    IchBin Guest

    <- Chameleon -> wrote:
    > I use Borland JBuilder, but I have an illegal copy of this program.
    > Knows everyone a free (or better a GNU GPL) frontend to programming Java?
    > I create only standalone programs, and maybe sometimes an applet. I dont
    > create JSP pages.
    > I want at least autocomplete in this program.
    > I want to be light. Borland JBuilder 2005 is very heavy for my PC
    > (AthlonXP1600).
    > I want to work with Sun's JRE and not to install another (maybe old)
    > like JBuilder.
    >
    > thanks!

    I use Eclipse, 'http://www.eclipse.org/' most of the time.

    Netbeans, 'http://www.netbeans.org/' is another.

    You could also look at Oracles JDeveloper,
    'http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev'.

    For a smaller foot print your could use JGRASP,
    'http://www.eng.auburn.edu/department/cse/research/grasp/' or BLUEJ,
    'http://www.bluej.org/.

    If you want a smaller one think JGRASP is your best bet.

    --

    Thanks in Advance...
    IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

    ' If there is one, Knowledge is the "Fountain of Youth"'
    -William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)
    IchBin, Jun 27, 2005

    http://www.google.de/search?q=free+java+IDE

    --
    "Thomas:Fritsch$ops:de".replace(':','.').replace('$','@')
    Thomas Fritsch, Jun 27, 2005
  4. IchBin wrote:
    > <- Chameleon -> wrote:
    >
    >> I use Borland JBuilder, but I have an illegal copy of this program.
    >> Knows everyone a free (or better a GNU GPL) frontend to programming Java?
    >> I create only standalone programs, and maybe sometimes an applet. I
    >> dont create JSP pages.
    >> I want at least autocomplete in this program.
    >> I want to be light. Borland JBuilder 2005 is very heavy for my PC
    >> (AthlonXP1600).
    >> I want to work with Sun's JRE and not to install another (maybe old)
    >> like JBuilder.
    >>
    >> thanks!

    > I use Eclipse, 'http://www.eclipse.org/' most of the time.
    >
    > Netbeans, 'http://www.netbeans.org/' is another.
    >
    > You could also look at Oracles JDeveloper,
    > 'http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev'.
    >
    > For a smaller foot print your could use JGRASP,
    > 'http://www.eng.auburn.edu/department/cse/research/grasp/' or BLUEJ,
    > 'http://www.bluej.org/.
    >
    > If you want a smaller one think JGRASP is your best bet.

    There's also jEdit (http://www.jedit.org) and jCreator. Both of these
    are reviewed on techbookreport
    (http://www.techbookreport.com/JavaIndex.html).
    TechBookReport, Jun 27, 2005

    Leon Guest

    "<- Chameleon ->" <> wrote in message
    >I use Borland JBuilder, but I have an illegal copy of this program.
    > Knows everyone a free (or better a GNU GPL) frontend to programming Java?
    > I create only standalone programs, and maybe sometimes an applet. I dont
    > create JSP pages.
    > I want at least autocomplete in this program.
    > I want to be light. Borland JBuilder 2005 is very heavy for my PC
    > (AthlonXP1600).
    > I want to work with Sun's JRE and not to install another (maybe old) like
    > JBuilder.

    You can download a -legal- free version of JBuilder 2005 at Borland. I've no
    problem using it with my Duron 950, so perhaps you have to use more memory. I
    once went up from 256MB to 768MB, and my problems disappearerd.

    Greetings, Leon.
    Leon, Jun 27, 2005
  6. try http://www.netbeans.org/ Version 4.1 is current

    -nikita

    Nikita Tovstoles, Jun 27, 2005

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:21:56 +0300, "<- Chameleon ->"
    <> wrote or quoted :

    >I use Borland JBuilder, but I have an illegal copy of this program.
    >Knows everyone a free (or better a GNU GPL) frontend to programming Java?

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/ide.html

    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jun 28, 2005