  1. Mel

    Mel Guest

    please help me find a place to get tiny icons

    Mel, Dec 15, 2004

  2. Mel

    mbstevens Guest

    Mel wrote:

    > please help me find a place to get tiny icons

    I was googling for those just yesterday; try "icon windows"
    or "icon linux". Page upon page will come up immediately.

    There are also plenty of icon editors.
    --
    mbstevens http://www.mbstevens.com
    Darwin smiles down from Olympus.

    mbstevens, Dec 15, 2004

  3. Mel

    Augustus Guest

    "Mel" <> wrote in message
    > please help me find a place to get tiny icons

    Try googling for: USF symbol signs

    Also, if you have a graphics editing program (ie: photoshop, illustrator,
    corel, etc) and windows you can make them up yourself if you installed the
    full fonts sets on the CD... try looking up your font groups like: symbol,
    webdings, windings1/2/3, etc

    To see what fonts you have installed and all the different symbols
    available, click on START >> Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >>.
    Character Map

    Then go through your symbol and "ding" font groups

    Augustus, Dec 15, 2004
  4. Mel

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Toby Inkster, Dec 15, 2004
  5. Mel

    mbstevens Guest

    Toby Inkster wrote:

    > Mel wrote:
    >
    >> please help me find a place to get tiny icons

    > http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/icons/
    >
    > HTH

    I'm getting:
    "Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /icons/ on this server."
    ....and that's a shame, because I loooooove to collect icons.

    mbstevens, Dec 15, 2004
  6. Mel

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle mbstevens scribbled in the mud:

    > Toby Inkster wrote:
    >
    >> Mel wrote:
    >>
    >>> please help me find a place to get tiny icons

    >> http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/icons/
    >>
    >> HTH
    >>

    > I'm getting:
    > "Forbidden
    > You don't have permission to access /icons/ on this server."
    > ...and that's a shame, because I loooooove to collect icons.

    Here ya go Mr. Stevens
    http://wipkip.biz/stuff/icons.zip (.5mb)

    --
    Mr. D?
    Never trust a cat to do a dog's job.

    Duende, Dec 15, 2004
  7. Mel

    mbstevens Guest

    Duende wrote:

    > While sitting in a puddle mbstevens scribbled in the mud:
    >
    >> Toby Inkster wrote:

    >>> http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/icons/
    >>>
    >>> HTH
    >>>

    >> I'm getting:
    >> "Forbidden
    >> You don't have permission to access /icons/ on this server."
    >> ...and that's a shame, because I loooooove to collect icons.

    > Here ya go Mr. Stevens
    > http://wipkip.biz/stuff/icons.zip (.5mb)

    Thanks, Mr. D?!
    Nice collection -- rates in the red zone on my neat-stuff-o-meter.

    mbstevens, Dec 15, 2004
  8. Mel

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle mbstevens scribbled in the mud:

    > Duende wrote:
    >
    >> While sitting in a puddle mbstevens scribbled in the mud:

    >>> I'm getting:
    >>> "Forbidden
    >>> You don't have permission to access /icons/ on this server."
    >>> ...and that's a shame, because I loooooove to collect icons.

    >> Here ya go Mr. Stevens
    >> http://wipkip.biz/stuff/icons.zip (.5mb)
    >>

    > Thanks, Mr. D?!
    > Nice collection -- rates in the red zone on my neat-stuff-o-meter.

    I have a few more if you have something like Microangelo.

    Duende, Dec 15, 2004
  9. Mel

    mbstevens Guest

    Duende wrote:

    > While sitting in a puddle mbstevens scribbled in the mud:
    >
    >> Duende wrote:
    >>
    >>> While sitting in a puddle mbstevens scribbled in the mud:

    >>> Here ya go Mr. Stevens
    >>> http://wipkip.biz/stuff/icons.zip (.5mb)
    >>>

    >> Thanks, Mr. D?!
    >> Nice collection -- rates in the red zone on my neat-stuff-o-meter.

    > I have a few more if you have something like Microangelo.

    I have Kiconedit and Gimp, so will be converting from .ico format
    for my linux desktop -- I can convert just about anything.
    --
    In the room the women come and go
    Speaking of Microangelo

    mbstevens, Dec 15, 2004
  10. Mel

    Toby Inkster Guest

    mbstevens wrote:

    > I'm getting:
    > "Forbidden
    > You don't have permission to access /icons/ on this server."
    > ...and that's a shame, because I loooooove to collect icons.

    Sorry, try:

    http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/tiny-icons/

    P.S. Talking of icons, screenshot from my new Intranet project at work:

    http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/intranet-shot

    Oooh! Pretty! Lots of alpha-blended PNGs... and SpaceGirl mocked me for
    switching the whole office over to Firefox a few months ago!

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Dec 15, 2004
  11. Mel

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle mbstevens scribbled in the mud:

    >>> Thanks, Mr. D?!
    >>> Nice collection -- rates in the red zone on my neat-stuff-o-meter.

    >> I have a few more if you have something like Microangelo.
    >>

    > I have Kiconedit and Gimp, so will be converting from .ico format
    > for my linux desktop -- I can convert just about anything.

    Can you do anything with this? If you can it's going to cost you bigtime. <g>
    http://wipkip.biz/usenet/tools.zip

    Duende, Dec 15, 2004
  12. Mel

    Mr Bean Guest

    Duende wrote:
    > While sitting in a puddle mbstevens scribbled in the mud:

    > Here ya go Mr. Stevens
    > http://wipkip.biz/stuff/icons.zip (.5mb)

    Could you make it available again for a while!?

    ;)

    Mr Bean, Dec 15, 2004
  13. Mel

    mbstevens Guest

    Duende wrote:

    > Can you do anything with this? If you can it's going to cost you bigtime.
    > <g> http://wipkip.biz/usenet/tools.zip

    Might be able to run it under Wine.
    I'm thinking of getting Wine running so that I can get my tax software
    running without using Hex-p.

    mbstevens, Dec 15, 2004
  14. Mel

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Mr Bean scribbled in the mud:

    > Duende wrote:
    >> While sitting in a puddle mbstevens scribbled in the mud:

    >> Here ya go Mr. Stevens
    >> http://wipkip.biz/stuff/icons.zip (.5mb)

    > Could you make it available again for a while!?
    >
    > ;)

    Ok. they back.

    Duende, Dec 16, 2004
  15. Mel

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle mbstevens scribbled in the mud:

    >> <g> http://wipkip.biz/usenet/tools.zip
    >>

    > Might be able to run it under Wine.

    More likely you be runnin under wine. :)

    Duende, Dec 16, 2004
  16. Mel

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Toby Inkster wrote:
    > mbstevens wrote:
    >
    >> I'm getting:
    >> "Forbidden
    >> You don't have permission to access /icons/ on this server."
    >> ...and that's a shame, because I loooooove to collect icons.

    > Sorry, try:
    >
    > http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/tiny-icons/

    OMG!!!111!!!! LOOK AT TEH ICONS THAT IS JUST WAHT I NEEDED TO GO WITH MY 8PT
    LITE GRAY TEXT ON A WHITE BG FOR MY NEW SITE LOL!!!111!!!! I CAN USE TEH
    ICONS FOR TEH NAVIGATION WITH NO ALT TEXT BECOZ ALT TEXT IS FOR TEH
    PUSSIES!!!11!!!

    THANKS TOBY!!!!!!111!!!! J00 ARE TEH 1337!!!11!!!

    :)

    Nik Coughin, Dec 16, 2004
  17. Mel

    Duende Guest

    Duende, Dec 16, 2004
  18. Mel

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Dec 16, 2004
  19. Mel

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Mark Parnell scribbled in the mud:

    As far as I know. I got them at download.com long ago. The were free than.

    Duende, Dec 16, 2004
  20. Mel

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, Duende <> said:

    > As far as I know. I got them at download.com long ago. The were free than.

    Fair enough. I just recognise a few of them from programs I use, so
    wasn't sure if they were copyrighted.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au