a good site to find tiny "icons' like home, mail etc. (16x16)

mbstevens

Mel said:
please help me find a place to get tiny icons

I was googling for those just yesterday; try "icon windows"
or "icon linux". Page upon page will come up immediately.

There are also plenty of icon editors.

Augustus

Mel said:
please help me find a place to get tiny icons

Try googling for: USF symbol signs

Also, if you have a graphics editing program (ie: photoshop, illustrator,
corel, etc) and windows you can make them up yourself if you installed the
full fonts sets on the CD... try looking up your font groups like: symbol,
webdings, windings1/2/3, etc

To see what fonts you have installed and all the different symbols
available, click on START >> Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >>.
Character Map

Then go through your symbol and "ding" font groups

Duende

While sitting in a puddle mbstevens scribbled in the mud:
Thanks, Mr. D?!
Nice collection -- rates in the red zone on my neat-stuff-o-meter.

I have a few more if you have something like Microangelo.

mbstevens

Duende said:
While sitting in a puddle mbstevens scribbled in the mud:

I have a few more if you have something like Microangelo.
I have Kiconedit and Gimp, so will be converting from .ico format
for my linux desktop -- I can convert just about anything.

Toby Inkster

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Mark Parnell scribbled in the mud:
Are all these icons free to use?
As far as I know. I got them at download.com long ago. The were free than.

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html said:
As far as I know. I got them at download.com long ago. The were free than.

Fair enough. I just recognise a few of them from programs I use, so
wasn't sure if they were copyrighted.