A Good Webpage Designer?

Gene Wirchenko

Dear HTMLers and JavaScripters:

I am currently using Dreamweaver. I am considering switching,
because of a few missing features and a nasty UI problem with search
and replace. (On the last, it is all too possible to have the focus
not where I am expecting and to cause code to disappear.)

I generally prefer code to pictures.

What are your suggestions, and why?

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Evertjan.

Gene Wirchenko wrote on 17 mei 2012 in comp.lang.javascript:
Dear HTMLers and JavaScripters:

I am currently using Dreamweaver. I am considering switching,
because of a few missing features and a nasty UI problem with search
and replace. (On the last, it is all too possible to have the focus
not where I am expecting and to cause code to disappear.)

I generally prefer code to pictures.

I love pretty code, but a pretty picture can replace a 1000 lines of code.
What are your suggestions, and why?

I don't think web-design outside Javascript is on topic here.

For clientside Javascript design I would suggest a good script-colouring
editor, as I would for other uses of Javascript engines [serverside
scripting, c/wscript, etc].

A clipboard extender capable of using usermade directories is a big help.

When using multiple instances of editors, manuals and perhaps multiple
target browsers, multiple screen setup is a must.

ian.rastall

Dear HTMLers and JavaScripters:

I am currently using Dreamweaver. I am considering switching
I generally prefer code to pictures.

What are your suggestions, and why?

It's hard to find a decent IDE for web design, at least in my experience. DW is probably the best, and if you paid for a copy of it, I would hang on to it. Maybe do your search and replace in a text editor, like Notepad++ (which is what I use), or NoteTab (which is what I used to use), or UltraEdit (which is what most people use). (Assuming you're on Windows.)

MS has been putting out a lot of new stuff along these lines. If you Googlefor it, you'll find they have some pay stuff, and free stuff. I found this:

http://www.microsoft.com/web/webmatrix/

and I think there is a free kind of Visual Studio set up for web design, aswell. MS is good with code completion, although all the software mentionedwill do syntax highlighting.

Hope you're well.

JussiJ

Dear HTMLers and JavaScripters:
What are your suggestions,

The Zeus editor has suport for HTML and JavaScript.

http://www.zeusedit.com/

Zeus has the standard features like syntax highlighting,
code folding etc.

But Zeus also integrates with JSLint and HTML tidy for
code validation.

NOTE: Zeus is shareware and only runs on the Windows platform.

Jussi Jumppanen
Author: Zeus Editor