    What are your suggestions, and why?

    Sincerely,

    Gene Wirchenko
    Gene Wirchenko, May 17, 2012

  2. Gene Wirchenko

    Evertjan. Guest

    Gene Wirchenko wrote on 17 mei 2012 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > Dear HTMLers and JavaScripters:
    >
    > I am currently using Dreamweaver. I am considering switching,
    > because of a few missing features and a nasty UI problem with search
    > and replace. (On the last, it is all too possible to have the focus
    > not where I am expecting and to cause code to disappear.)
    >
    > I generally prefer code to pictures.

    I love pretty code, but a pretty picture can replace a 1000 lines of code.

    > What are your suggestions, and why?

    I don't think web-design outside Javascript is on topic here.

    For clientside Javascript design I would suggest a good script-colouring
    editor, as I would for other uses of Javascript engines [serverside
    scripting, c/wscript, etc].

    A clipboard extender capable of using usermade directories is a big help.

    When using multiple instances of editors, manuals and perhaps multiple
    target browsers, multiple screen setup is a must.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., May 17, 2012

  3. Gene Wirchenko

    Guest

    On Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:59:16 PM UTC-4, Gene Wirchenko wrote:
    > Dear HTMLers and JavaScripters:
    >
    > I am currently using Dreamweaver. I am considering switching
    > I generally prefer code to pictures.
    >
    > What are your suggestions, and why?

    It's hard to find a decent IDE for web design, at least in my experience. DW is probably the best, and if you paid for a copy of it, I would hang on to it. Maybe do your search and replace in a text editor, like Notepad++ (which is what I use), or NoteTab (which is what I used to use), or UltraEdit (which is what most people use). (Assuming you're on Windows.)

    MS has been putting out a lot of new stuff along these lines. If you Googlefor it, you'll find they have some pay stuff, and free stuff. I found this:

    http://www.microsoft.com/web/webmatrix/

    and I think there is a free kind of Visual Studio set up for web design, aswell. MS is good with code completion, although all the software mentionedwill do syntax highlighting.

    Hope you're well.
    , May 21, 2012
  4. Gene Wirchenko

    JussiJ Guest

    On May 17, 10:59 am, Gene Wirchenko <> wrote:

    > Dear HTMLers and JavaScripters:
    > What are your suggestions,

    The Zeus editor has suport for HTML and JavaScript.

    http://www.zeusedit.com/

    > and why?

    Zeus has the standard features like syntax highlighting,
    code folding etc.

    But Zeus also integrates with JSLint and HTML tidy for
    code validation.

    NOTE: Zeus is shareware and only runs on the Windows platform.

    Jussi Jumppanen
    Author: Zeus Editor
    JussiJ, May 22, 2012