    security? In other words,I wonder, what kind of APIs are
    restricted to some kind of user? If I am a admin, is there
    any security problem?

    nicho, Oct 7, 2003

  2. nicho

    Steve Jansen Guest

    Your question is not overly specific, so it's hard to answer.

    What do you mean by system API? Do you mean certain Framework assemblies?
    Do you mean Win32 API calls from .NET?

    With .NET you have two approaches. The first is using ACLs to limit access
    to resources based on the user's credentials. The second is Code Access
    Security for .NET, which assigns permissions to applications, rather than
    users. There are also many application security models, such as COM+ role
    based security, standard database auth, ASP.NET forms authentication, etc.

    Steve Jansen, Oct 15, 2003