    I would be very pleased if someone can help me.

    Reg.
    Robin

    robin, Jun 18, 2004

  2. robin

    Nick Howes Guest

    "robin" <> wrote in message
    news:cavcii$dd2$1.nb.home.nl...
    > Hey all,
    >
    > Please give a hand writing a javascript.
    >
    > I need a js that does the folowing.
    > I have a random list of pictures, name changes reguarly
    > the only stable factor is that it is an .jpg file.
    > Name and number of pictures changes reguarly.
    > The only thing is there are max. 30 pictures.
    >
    > Now i want my script to do the folowing;
    > Display all current images that have the .jpg extension.
    > There is no need to sort them in any order.
    >
    > I would be very pleased if someone can help me.

    You would be much better off doing this server-side, eg with JSP, PHP, or
    ASP or similar. This way it will work in all browsers because the server
    will make the required HTML dynamically and transparently to the user.
    Otherwise, people without javascript would get no pictures at all.

    Nick Howes, Jun 18, 2004

  3. robin

    robin Guest

    Hi,

    Thanks for answer but part of the problem is my isp does not allow
    anything.
    So the only solution is using a javascript........... :-(

    Robin,

    robin, Jun 18, 2004
  4. robin

    Hywel Guest

    In article <cavjfa$qe0$1.nb.home.nl>, robin says...
    > "Nick Howes" <> schreef in bericht
    > > "robin" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hey all,
    > > >
    > > > Please give a hand writing a javascript.
    > > >
    > > > I need a js that does the folowing.
    > > > I have a random list of pictures, name changes reguarly
    > > > the only stable factor is that it is an .jpg file.
    > > > Name and number of pictures changes reguarly.
    > > > The only thing is there are max. 30 pictures.
    > > >
    > > > Now i want my script to do the folowing;
    > > > Display all current images that have the .jpg extension.
    > > > There is no need to sort them in any order.
    > > >
    > > > I would be very pleased if someone can help me.
    > > >

    > > You would be much better off doing this server-side, eg with JSP, PHP, or
    > > ASP or similar. This way it will work in all browsers because the server
    > > will make the required HTML dynamically and transparently to the user.
    > > Otherwise, people without javascript would get no pictures at all.

    > Hi,
    >
    > Thanks for answer but part of the problem is my isp does not allow
    > anything.
    > So the only solution is using a javascript........... :-(

    Considering that the JavaScript will be running client-side, do you
    realise that the script won't be able to determine how many files ar
    available, and what the names of those files are?

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/

    Hywel, Jun 18, 2004
  5. robin

    robin Guest

    Hi,

    I did not realy realize that, it is my firttime trying anything real in js.
    I realy thought is was posible to get a list out of my isp his ftp server
    and
    display the pics.
    So i gus i have to run my own server then or cancel the page i was creating
    One option is even worse as the other :)
    But thanks anyway

    Reg.
    Robin,

    robin, Jun 19, 2004