a helping hand please

robin

Hey all,

Please give a hand writing a javascript.

I need a js that does the folowing.
I have a random list of pictures, name changes reguarly
the only stable factor is that it is an .jpg file.
Name and number of pictures changes reguarly.
The only thing is there are max. 30 pictures.

Now i want my script to do the folowing;
Display all current images that have the .jpg extension.
There is no need to sort them in any order.

I would be very pleased if someone can help me.

Reg.
Robin

Nick Howes

robin said:
Hey all,

Please give a hand writing a javascript.

I need a js that does the folowing.
I have a random list of pictures, name changes reguarly
the only stable factor is that it is an .jpg file.
Name and number of pictures changes reguarly.
The only thing is there are max. 30 pictures.

Now i want my script to do the folowing;
Display all current images that have the .jpg extension.
There is no need to sort them in any order.

I would be very pleased if someone can help me.

You would be much better off doing this server-side, eg with JSP, PHP, or
ASP or similar. This way it will work in all browsers because the server
will make the required HTML dynamically and transparently to the user.
Otherwise, people without javascript would get no pictures at all.

robin

Hi,

Thanks for answer but part of the problem is my isp does not allow
anything.
So the only solution is using a javascript........... :-(

Robin,

Hywel

Hi,

Thanks for answer but part of the problem is my isp does not allow
anything.
So the only solution is using a javascript........... :-(

Considering that the JavaScript will be running client-side, do you
realise that the script won't be able to determine how many files ar
available, and what the names of those files are?

robin

Hi,

I did not realy realize that, it is my firttime trying anything real in js.
I realy thought is was posible to get a list out of my isp his ftp server
and
display the pics.
So i gus i have to run my own server then or cancel the page i was creating
One option is even worse as the other :)
But thanks anyway

Reg.
Robin,