    I don't know how to do it, so please if any of you know this, then please
    tell me :)

    Jeff
    Jeff, Dec 7, 2005

  2. Jeff

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Jeff
    <> spouted in alt.html:

    > Hello

    G'day.

    > How shall an anchor be specified if this anchor shall have both a background
    > image and Text.

    In your CSS:

    a:link.someclass { background-image: url('link/to/image.gif'); }

    In your HTML:

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Dec 7, 2005

  3. Jeff

    Vhit Guest

    <alt.html , Jeff , AM>
    <>
    <Thu, 8 Dec 2005 00:25:09 +0100>

    > How shall an anchor be specified if this anchor shall have both a background
    > image and Text.
    > I want to create a link that uses a background image and the text is written
    > over the background image:
    >
    > I don't know how to do it, so please if any of you know this, then please
    > tell me :)

    www.vhit.co.uk/create_test.php

    Recently did something similar but used checkboxs instead of text .

    Depending on what you want to do and if you want to display a thumbnail
    image in full you will need to set the width and height for the
    background image unless its something that tiles .

    --
    www.vhit.co.uk
    (create a short url)
    Vhit, Dec 8, 2005