    Is this possible, and if so how?

    TIA
    Brian Tozer
    KiwiBrian, Jul 4, 2005

  2. KiwiBrian wrote:

    [stuff]

    Dammit, as many posts of yours as I've seen in here, I *still* always
    read "KiwiBrain", first. Arrgh! :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 4, 2005

  3. KiwiBrian

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, KiwiBrian quothed

    > I have a vertical menu with a href="#" type of standard links.
    > But instead of a new page being linked to, I want it to link to some way of
    > displaying a block of text on the same page, absolutely positioned beside
    > the menu.
    > Is this possible, and if so how?

    Yes, my old menu did that, but you have to use javascript and get the
    height (eg. clientHeight) of the link in question, etc.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Jul 5, 2005
  4. KiwiBrian wrote:

    > I have a vertical menu with a href="#" type of standard links.
    > But instead of a new page being linked to, I want it to link to some way
    > of displaying a block of text on the same page, absolutely positioned
    > beside the menu.

    http://phrogz.net/JS/Tabtastic/index.html - horizontal, but the principle is
    the same.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Jul 5, 2005
  5. KiwiBrian

    KiwiBrian Guest

    "David Dorward" wrote
    > KiwiBrian wrote:

    >> I have a vertical menu with a href="#" type of standard links.
    >> But instead of a new page being linked to, I want it to link to some way
    >> of displaying a block of text on the same page, absolutely positioned
    >> beside the menu.

    > http://phrogz.net/JS/Tabtastic/index.html - horizontal, but the principle
    > is
    > the same.

    Thanks very much David.
    MOST interesting and useful.
    Brian.
    KiwiBrian, Jul 6, 2005
  6. KiwiBrian

    wayne Guest

    KiwiBrian wrote:
    > I have a vertical menu with a href="#" type of standard links.
    > But instead of a new page being linked to, I want it to link to some way of
    > displaying a block of text on the same page, absolutely positioned beside
    > the menu.
    > Is this possible, and if so how?
    >
    > TIA
    > Brian Tozer

    Try this for the top link:

    And this for the destination:

    And finally this to return to the top of the page

    Regards,
    --
    Wayne
    http://www.glenmeadows.com