a href underline

Stephen Gray

I am trying to set the <a href .....> tag so that the visible test appears without an underline. Is this poss? If so, what is the tag? I've tried border"0" & "no", underline="0" & "no"

Steve

saz

I am trying to set the <a href .....> tag so that the visible test appears without an underline. Is this poss? If so, what is the tag? I've tried border"0" & "no", underline="0" & "no"

Steve

Use CSS. Add this within your <head> tags:

<!--
a { text-decoration:none; }
a:link { text-decoration:none: }
a:visited { text-decoration:none; }
a:active { text-decoration:none; }
a:hover { text-decoration:none; }
-->

Dan Abrey

appears without an underline. Is this poss? If so, what is the tag? I've
tried border"0" & "no", underline="0" & "no"
Use CSS. Add this within your <head> tags:

<!--
a { text-decoration:none; }
a:link { text-decoration:none: }
a:visited { text-decoration:none; }
a:active { text-decoration:none; }
a:hover { text-decoration:none; }
-->

Or just

a {text decoration: none;}
a:hover {text-decoration:none;}

Simpler.

Neal

I am trying to set the <a href .....> tag so that the visible test
appears without an underline. Is this poss? If so, what is the tag?

There is no tag to do this, it's CSS.

Before you do it, be sure the link will be recognizable as a link without
the underline - as in a clearly marked navigation section, for example.
Links that don't look like links won't get clicked, because why would you?

You want the property text-decoration, set to none, and set it for the
selectors a:link, a:visited, a:hover and/or a:active as desired.

Sam Hughes

I am trying to set the <a href .....> tag so that the visible test
appears without an underline. Is this poss? If so, what is the tag?
I've tried border"0" & "no", underline="0" & "no"

Steve
------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C49F1F.AFBC43D0
<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I am trying to set the &lt;a href
.....&gt; tag so that the visible test appears without an
underline.&nbsp; Is this poss?&nbsp; If so, what is the tag?&nbsp;
I've tried border"0" &amp; "no", underline="0" &amp; "no"</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Steve</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C49F1F.AFBC43D0--

Please don't post HTML or two-part messages; use plain text for Usenet.
Formatting content with FONT tags, as shown above, adds nothing to
anybody's understanding (though the presence of <FONT face=Arial size=2>
</FONT> is quite amusing!), and if used rampantly, greatly increases
bandwidth costs.

Sid Ismail

: I am trying to set the <a href .....> tag so that the visible
test appears without an underline. Is this poss? If so, what is the tag?
I've tried border"0" & "no", underline="0" & "no"

Remember that even if you use CSS to remove the underline, the colour of the
link changes, depending whether it has been visited, or not.

btw, How will the user know it's a link, if the underline is removed?

Sid