A HTML document can be converted to XHTML document.

Discussion in 'Java' started by mike, Jan 11, 2005.

  1. mike

    mike Guest

    regards:

    From http://webpageworkshop.co.uk/main/xhtml_converting
    A HTML document can be converted to XHTML document.
    By the following Steps:

    Step 1: Convert elements to lowercase
    Step 2: Replace the !DOCTYPE declaration
    Step 3: Change the <html> tag
    Step 4: Make sure all elements are closed
    Step 5: Ensure all attributes are quoted
    Step 6: 'Un-minimize' minimized attributes
    Step 7: Make sure that every image has an 'alt' attribute
    Step 8: Check for 'overlapping' elements
    Step 9: Check 'type' attributes for script and style elements
    Step 10: Validate your code!

    Could I achieve the above 10 steps by using HTMLparer?
    http://htmlparser.sourceforge.net/javadoc/index.html

    Welcome to see your opinions.
    Or maybe I may try another api like JDOM?
    http://www.jdom.org/docs/apidocs/index.html

    thank you
    May god be with you

    mike, Jan 11, 2005

  2. Collin VanDyck, Jan 11, 2005

  3. mike

    Chris Smith Guest

    mike <> wrote:
    > Could I achieve the above 10 steps by using HTMLparer?
    > http://htmlparser.sourceforge.net/javadoc/index.html
    >
    > Welcome to see your opinions.
    > Or maybe I may try another api like JDOM?
    > http://www.jdom.org/docs/apidocs/index.html

    I only took a brief look at the HTMLParser project you mentioned, but it
    looks like it compares poorly to NekoHTML and Xerces, the combination of
    which would allow you to easily parse XML into a standardized DOM model,
    perform the transformations you propose to convert to XHTML (though
    NekoHTML would do a lot of the work for you), and finally serialize out
    to an XML document.

    The big difference is in the DOM interface, which is the universal
    standard representation of an XML document, versus the HTMLParser
    project's proprietary interface, which doesn't appear to be much
    intended for XML at all.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation