A Java applet that acts as an FTP client

laredotornado

Hello, A friend wants to create a browser-based FTP client -- with
directory listing, download, and upload capabilities. One of the
conditions is that very large files (between 20 and 40 MB) will need to
be uploaded. Does anyone know of any code that I can build into an
applet that can help me in this task?

Thanks, - Dave

Roedy Green

Hello, A friend wants to create a browser-based FTP client -- with
directory listing, download, and upload capabilities. One of the
conditions is that very large files (between 20 and 40 MB) will need to
be uploaded. Does anyone know of any code that I can build into an
applet that can help me in this task?

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/ftp.html

you will have to sign your applet if it talks to any server but the
one it was loaded from.