A Java-based video conference

Sam Hwang

Hello,
I want to establish a video conference system by Java. Is there
previous efforts on the similar tasks? What kind of packages or
libraries should I use?
My goal is to establish a enterprise-wide client/server architecture
conference system, and can optimize the stream quality of videos and
audios, but i dont know what kind of Java libraries I should use.
Anyone help? Thanks!

Regards,
Sam Hwang

Sam Hwang

Sorry for my absent minded. Originally, I expect to use a P2P pattern
in transferring data streams across the small group of attendees of a
specific conference, but not to use a client/server manner to receive
and dispatch data streams. Cause I think the P2P approach is much
better for network traffic. How do you think? Is it realized for a
local area network? Or using the P2P pattern would promote the quality
comparing to the client/server pattern? And once more the same
question, are there any similar project accomplished before? Please
tell me! Thanks!

Regards,
Sam Hwang

christopher

wow -- i hope you aren't using your real name. If I hired you to do
this job and found you posing clueless questions like this, you would
be history in a heartbeat. I mean, did you actually tell your boss you
could do V&VoIP? All by yer lonesome? sheesh