A Javascript / CSS Element Positioning Problem

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by zotium, Mar 25, 2008.

  1. zotium

    zotium Guest

    Hello Javascript/CSS Gurus! I have a challenge for you:

    Check out http://www.azurewebdesign.com/clients/ai-associates.com/

    If you click on "AI" in the left navigation bar, a Sliding Panel
    should appear. It works well on both Firefox and IE.

    However, there is one problem...

    On Firefox, when the browser window is small enough such that
    horizontal scroll bars would appear, scrolling the window horizontally
    would cause the Sliding Panel to move along with the scroll bar, which
    is not the intended behavior.

    On IE, the Sliding Panel would remain where it was as you scroll
    horizontally. This is the intended behavior.

    Any ideas how to correct the problem on Firefox?

    zotium, Mar 25, 2008

  2. zotium

    SAM Guest

    zotium a écrit :
    > Hello Javascript/CSS Gurus! I have a challenge for you:
    >
    > Check out http://www.azurewebdesign.com/clients/ai-associates.com/
    >
    > If you click on "AI" in the left navigation bar, a Sliding Panel
    > should appear. It works well on both Firefox and IE.

    It works well, it workw well ... not so much !

    > However, there is one problem...
    >
    > On Firefox, when the browser window is small enough such that
    > horizontal scroll bars would appear, scrolling the window horizontally
    > would cause the Sliding Panel to move along with the scroll bar, which
    > is not the intended behavior.

    Not only.
    Except you modified something, on the slidding back all run anywhere
    ( Firefox, Safari)

    > On IE, the Sliding Panel would remain where it was as you scroll
    > horizontally. This is the intended behavior.
    >
    > Any ideas how to correct the problem on Firefox?

    The JS is too much complicated for me.

    Download this file : <http://cjoint.com/data/dAplVuR0kM_slide_panel_2.htm>
    and try it by your stylesheet

    --