A Javascript / CSS Element Positioning Problem

zotium

Hello Javascript/CSS Gurus! I have a challenge for you:

Check out http://www.azurewebdesign.com/clients/ai-associates.com/

If you click on "AI" in the left navigation bar, a Sliding Panel
should appear. It works well on both Firefox and IE.

However, there is one problem...

On Firefox, when the browser window is small enough such that
horizontal scroll bars would appear, scrolling the window horizontally
would cause the Sliding Panel to move along with the scroll bar, which
is not the intended behavior.

On IE, the Sliding Panel would remain where it was as you scroll
horizontally. This is the intended behavior.

Any ideas how to correct the problem on Firefox?

SAM

zotium a écrit :
Hello Javascript/CSS Gurus! I have a challenge for you:

Check out http://www.azurewebdesign.com/clients/ai-associates.com/

If you click on "AI" in the left navigation bar, a Sliding Panel
should appear. It works well on both Firefox and IE.

It works well, it workw well ... not so much !
However, there is one problem...

On Firefox, when the browser window is small enough such that
horizontal scroll bars would appear, scrolling the window horizontally
would cause the Sliding Panel to move along with the scroll bar, which
is not the intended behavior.

Not only.
Except you modified something, on the slidding back all run anywhere
( Firefox, Safari)
On IE, the Sliding Panel would remain where it was as you scroll
horizontally. This is the intended behavior.

Any ideas how to correct the problem on Firefox?

The JS is too much complicated for me.

Download this file : <http://cjoint.com/data/dAplVuR0kM_slide_panel_2.htm>
and try it by your stylesheet