    Is there a reliable Javascript script ressource on the web to detect the
    Flash plug-in up to the version 6? Thank you
    Cheers
    maflu, Oct 29, 2003

  2. maflu

    Kris Guest

    In article <3f9ffb5c$0$2809$>,
    maflu <> wrote:

    > Is there a reliable Javascript script ressource on the web to detect the
    > Flash plug-in up to the version 6?

    Find the oxymoron of today.

    Hint: "reliable" and "javascript".

    The visitor knows best

    --
    Kris
    erlands (nl)
    Kris, Oct 29, 2003

  3. maflu

    Richard Guest

    Kris wrote:

    > In article <3f9ffb5c$0$2809$>,
    > maflu <> wrote:

    >> Is there a reliable Javascript script ressource on the web to detect
    >> the
    >> Flash plug-in up to the version 6?

    > Find the oxymoron of today.

    > Hint: "reliable" and "javascript".

    > The visitor knows best

    Cut the crapola and reply with a responsible answer or don't reply at all.
    The question was basically, "how to detect if visitor has Flash plug in and
    which version?".
    If you don't know the answer, don't reply with the stereotypical bullshit
    about javascript.
    Maybe there are other people who would like to know the answer too.
    Richard, Oct 29, 2003
  4. maflu

    Kris Guest

    In article <>, "Richard" <anom@anom>
    wrote:

    > > The visitor knows best

    > Cut the crapola and reply with a responsible answer or don't reply at all.

    "The visitor knows best is the best answer". Maybe not what you want to
    hear, but who cares about that.

    The Sites that have Flash on which I have the most pleasant experience
    are not the ones who make assumptions about my configuration. They
    simply state, "for this and this, that and that is required", which is
    quite fine for content that cannot be effectively presented in another
    way (eg. animations, games, etcetera). Some of those sites have a small
    Flash movie embedded in the page in order for you to see if you have a
    plugin installed to handle it.

    Where is your precious Flash when the detection script fails because of
    reason X or reason Y?

    > The question was basically, "how to detect if visitor has Flash plug in and
    > which version?".

    So?

    > If you don't know the answer, don't reply with the stereotypical bullshit
    > about javascript.

    Sdn me the cheque and this will be your personal helpdesk, or whatever
    you want it to be. Until then, it is Usenet.

    > Maybe there are other people who would like to know the answer too.

    I am not keeping them from wanting. I am not obigated a thing to them.
    And besides, I did give an answer.

    --
    Kris
    erlands (nl)
    Kris, Oct 29, 2003
  5. Richard schrieb:

    > Kris wrote:
    >
    > > In article <3f9ffb5c$0$2809$>,
    > > maflu <> wrote:

    > >> Is there a reliable Javascript script ressource on the web to detect
    > >> the
    > >> Flash plug-in up to the version 6?

    > > Find the oxymoron of today.

    > > Hint: "reliable" and "javascript".

    > > The visitor knows best

    > Cut the crapola and reply with a responsible answer or don't reply at all.

    And if you had taken your own advice, would you have provided an answer,
    or would you have not replied at all?

    Matthias
    Matthias Gutfeldt, Oct 29, 2003
  6. Richard wrote:

    > Cut the crapola and reply with a responsible answer or don't reply at all.
    > The question was basically, "how to detect if visitor has Flash plug in and
    > which version?".

    No, the question was:

    | Is there a reliable Javascript script ressource on the web to detect
    | the Flash plug-in up to the version 6?

    and the answer is "no".

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    playing://joe_90/dream_this/08_mascara.ogg
    Toby A Inkster, Oct 29, 2003
  7. maflu

    informant Guest

    "Richard" <anom@anom> wrote in message
    > Kris wrote:
    >
    > > In article <3f9ffb5c$0$2809$>,
    > > maflu <> wrote:

    > >> Is there a reliable Javascript script ressource on the web to detect
    > >> the
    > >> Flash plug-in up to the version 6?

    > > Find the oxymoron of today.

    > > Hint: "reliable" and "javascript".

    > > The visitor knows best

    > Cut the crapola and reply with a responsible answer or don't reply at all.

    Weren't you just told to "be silent" in misc.legal for gibbering
    misinformation, Bullis? Why, yes you were. Hypocrite.

    > The question was basically, "how to detect if visitor has Flash plug in

    and
    > which version?".
    > If you don't know the answer, don't reply with the stereotypical bullshit
    > about javascript.
    > Maybe there are other people who would like to know the answer too.

    You don't own this newsgroup, Bullis.

    --
    Photos of Bullis
    http://www.lart.com/stupidrichard/

    The S.P.U.T.U.M. Lamers Gallery
    http://www.sputum.com/shame.html
    CENKOC Richard S. Bullis,
    Clueless Eternal Newbie Kook of the Century (Jan, 1901-Jan, 2001)

    From: "Richard" <anom@anom>
    Newsgroups: alt.html
    Subject: Re: A javascript to Detect Flash?
    Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:18:30 -0600
  8. maflu

    maflu Guest

    Kris wrote:

    >>Is there a reliable Javascript script ressource on the web to detect the
    >>Flash plug-in up to the version 6?

    > Find the oxymoron of today.
    >
    > Hint: "reliable" and "javascript".

    No. That was the oxymoron of yesterday. The one of today is: "Kris"
    and "sense of humour"... pathetic.
    maflu, Oct 30, 2003
  9. maflu

    PeterMcC Guest

    OT [was Re: A javascript to Detect Flash?]

    maflu wrote:
    > Kris wrote:
    >

    >>> Is there a reliable Javascript script ressource on the web to
    >>> detect the Flash plug-in up to the version 6?

    >> Find the oxymoron of today.
    >>
    >> Hint: "reliable" and "javascript".
    >>

    > No. That was the oxymoron of yesterday. The one of today is: "Kris"
    > and "sense of humour"... pathetic.

    Whilst I wouldn't want to interupt this duel of wit, you may want to check
    the difference between "oxymoron" and "contradition in terms".

    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,
    PeterMcC, Oct 30, 2003
  10. maflu

    rf Guest

    Re: OT [was Re: A javascript to Detect Flash?]

    "PeterMcC" <> wrote in message
    > maflu wrote:

    > >> Find the oxymoron of today.
    > >>
    > >> Hint: "reliable" and "javascript".
    > >>

    > > No. That was the oxymoron of yesterday. The one of today is: "Kris"
    > > and "sense of humour"... pathetic.

    > Whilst I wouldn't want to interupt this duel of wit, you may want to check
    > the difference between "oxymoron" and "contradition in terms".

    Is this not a tautology?

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Oct 30, 2003
  11. maflu

    maflu Guest

    rf wrote:
    > "PeterMcC" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>maflu wrote:

    >>>No. That was the oxymoron of yesterday. The one of today is: "Kris"
    >>>and "sense of humour"... pathetic.

    >>Whilst I wouldn't want to interupt this duel of wit, you may want to check
    >>the difference between "oxymoron" and "contradition in terms".

    > Is this not a tautology?

    No, it is really an oxymoron.
    Tautology: A repetition that in and of itself is obvious and
    self-evident, such as "Kris is a male", used as a method of arriving at
    the validity of general
    propositions.
    Oxymoron: a figure of speech in which contradictory words or
    connotations are placed together
    maflu, Oct 30, 2003
  12. maflu

    "maflu" <> wrote in message
    > rf wrote:
    > > "PeterMcC" <> wrote in message

    > >>Whilst I wouldn't want to interupt this duel of wit, you may want to

    check
    > >>the difference between "oxymoron" and "contradition in terms".

    > > Is this not a tautology?
    > >

    > No, it is really an oxymoron.
    > Tautology: A repetition that in and of itself is obvious and
    > self-evident, such as "Kris is a male", used as a method of arriving at
    > the validity of general
    > propositions.
    > Oxymoron: a figure of speech in which contradictory words or
    > connotations are placed together

    I was referring to your statement : "oxymoron" and "contradition in terms".
    Ah, whatever :)

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Oct 30, 2003
  13. maflu

    PeterMcC Guest

    maflu wrote:
    > rf wrote:
    >> "PeterMcC" <> wrote in message

    >>> Whilst I wouldn't want to interupt this duel of wit, you may want
    >>> to check the difference between "oxymoron" and "contradition in
    >>> terms".

    >> Is this not a tautology?

    > No, it is really an oxymoron.

    No, sorry, it's not.

    > Tautology: A repetition that in and of itself is obvious and
    > self-evident, such as "Kris is a male", used as a method of arriving
    > at the validity of general
    > propositions.

    Other examples of tautology - "past history", "forward planning", "previous
    experience", "basic fundamentals", "free gift"...

    > Oxymoron: a figure of speech in which contradictory words or
    > connotations are placed together

    And which has significance other than than being simply a contradiction - "a
    deafening silence", "the wisdom of fools", "cruel to be kind" etc - from the
    Greek, pointed foolishness; whereas a contradiction in terms simply brings
    together two incompatible concepts.

    PeterMcC, Oct 30, 2003
  14. maflu

    maflu Guest

    PeterMcC wrote:

    > maflu wrote:
    >
    >>rf wrote:
    >>
    >>>"PeterMcC" <> wrote in message

    >>>Is this not a tautology?

    >>No, it is really an oxymoron.

    > No, sorry, it's not.

    But what you say below contradicts you...

    maflu, Oct 30, 2003
  15. maflu

    PeterMcC Guest

    maflu wrote:
    > PeterMcC wrote:
    >
    >> maflu wrote:

    >>> No, it is really an oxymoron.

    >> No, sorry, it's not.

    > But what you say below contradicts you...

    Not worth pursuing... you are absolutely right, does that help?

    PeterMcC, Oct 30, 2003
  16. maflu

    maflu Guest

    PeterMcC wrote:
    > maflu wrote:
    >
    >>PeterMcC wrote:

    >>>No, sorry, it's not.

    >>But what you say below contradicts you...

    > Not worth pursuing... you are absolutely right, does that help?

    Yes, the dictionary is right!

    maflu, Oct 30, 2003
  17. maflu

    PeterMcC Guest

    PeterMcC wrote:
    > maflu wrote:

    ..
    >> But what you say below contradicts you...

    > Not worth pursuing... you are absolutely right, does that help?

    There is no doubt that you are mistaken; however, there was no call for my
    sarcasm, it's a poor method of debate - apologies.

    PeterMcC, Oct 30, 2003
  18. maflu

    Kris Guest

    In article <>,
    "informant" <> wrote:

    > --
    > Photos of Bullis

    [rest of bloated signature snipped]

    Trim your sig or be killfiled. It is almost bigger than your postings.

    --
    Kris
    erlands (nl)
    Kris, Oct 30, 2003
  19. maflu

    Kris Guest

    In article <3fa0d704$0$2802$>,
    maflu <> wrote:

    > >>Is there a reliable Javascript script ressource on the web to detect the
    > >>Flash plug-in up to the version 6?

    > > Find the oxymoron of today.
    > >
    > > Hint: "reliable" and "javascript".
    > >

    > No. That was the oxymoron of yesterday. The one of today is: "Kris"
    > and "sense of humour"... pathetic.

    For that, see alt.humour. Sense of humour is off topic here.

    --
    Kris
    erlands (nl)
    Kris, Oct 30, 2003