a jsp question (a specific one and general learning technique/direction)

Discussion in 'Java' started by NickName, Nov 6, 2006.

  1. NickName

    NickName Guest

    NickName, Nov 6, 2006

  2. NickName wrote:
    > http://groups.google.com/group/Java...37a02/a75c48dd03c2988b?hl=en#a75c48dd03c2988b
    >
    > I don't want to cross post, however, the question was not answered.
    > Would appreciate your answer/thoughts etc.

    Best way would be to use Struts, or a simple controller servlet to
    which the JSP submits. The servlet (or action servlet in case of
    struts) can process data if request.getMethod() is "post", or it can
    redirect to the form if the method is "get". While processing, you can
    choose to put the logic in the servlet (not a good idea) or have the
    servlet call some other class to handle the logic, once the servlet has
    extracted and validated the form data coming in.

    -cheers,
    Manish
    Manish Pandit, Nov 7, 2006

  3. NickName

    NickName Guest

    Manish Pandit wrote:
    > Best way would be to use Struts, or a simple controller servlet to
    > which the JSP submits. The servlet (or action servlet in case of
    > struts) can process data if request.getMethod() is "post", or it can
    > redirect to the form if the method is "get". While processing, you can
    > choose to put the logic in the servlet (not a good idea) or have the
    > servlet call some other class to handle the logic, once the servlet has
    > extracted and validated the form data coming in.
    >
    > -cheers,
    > Manish

    Many thanks.
    NickName, Nov 7, 2006