A little html redirect problem I need help with.

Eric

I wonder if anyone might be able to help me with a problem I have with
redirecting a website fromone address to another?

I host a website on my server, but the guy who's website it is, has his own
doamian name and it appears the only way I could link his doamin with my
server is to use an inde.htm file with some sort of redirect inside. The
main problem is that he would like to retain his domain name in the browser
URL window, even after the redirect has taken place. Is it possible to do
this? Does anyone have any code that I could use in the index.htm file in
order to acheive the goal?

Thanks very much Eric. I hope you understand my post.

Dan

Eric said:
I host a website on my server, but the guy who's website it is, has his own
doamian name and it appears the only way I could link his doamin with my
server is to use an inde.htm file with some sort of redirect inside. The
main problem is that he would like to retain his domain name in the browser
URL window, even after the redirect has taken place. Is it possible to do
this? Does anyone have any code that I could use in the index.htm file in
order to acheive the goal?

There are cheesy, annoying ways to do this using frames, but why not
just configure the DNS of the domain to point at your server so that it
can be properly hosted under the intended domain with no redirects
necessary?

Eric

There are cheesy, annoying ways to do this using frames, but why not
just configure the DNS of the domain to point at your server so that it
can be properly hosted under the intended domain with no redirects
necessary?

Well that would be ideal, but having never done it before I wouldn't know
where or how to start. What is needed in order to do this? I would like to
do it properly, but can this be done, regardless of who he bought the domain
name from and how would he go about it?, also I run Dyn-DNS as I don't have
fixed IP.

Eric