a little problem with a background image

Edwin van der Vaart

Good day to all,

I'm redesigning my semi-conductor.nl site.
In the body I have specified a background image at 1.4em 1.5em and in
the #title a background image on the right side of the block element.
When I specify a background colour with the colour for H1 (accoording to
the w3c), the background images are half visible. When I specify
transparent as background for the H1, the validator complains about the
background colour.
How can I solf this little background problem?
--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Persoonlijke website

Edwin van der Vaart

Edwin said:
Good day to all,

I'm redesigning my semi-conductor.nl site.
In the body I have specified a background image at 1.4em 1.5em and in
the #title a background image on the right side of the block element.
When I specify a background colour with the colour for H1 (accoording to
the w3c), the background images are half visible. When I specify
transparent as background for the H1, the validator complains about the
background colour.
How can I solf this little background problem?
I want background: transparent *back*!!!
--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Persoonlijke website
Explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers and issociate.de to
duplicate this post.

Edwin van der Vaart

Kim said:
How about just using it this way?
background-color: transparent
Tried it, but still the css-validator complaining about "You have no
background-color with your color".

I did looked up in w3c school, also they write that you can specify
background: transparent. So I can conclude that the css validator of w3c
have a bugy.

Toby Inkster

Edwin said:
Tried it, but still the css-validator complaining about "You have no
background-color with your color".

But I think you'll find it's a *warning*, not an *error*.

Edwin van der Vaart

Toby said:
Edwin van der Vaart wrote:

But I think you'll find it's a *warning*, not an *error*.
You're right. It's a warning and not an error.
Nobody is perfect. But stil I find that the validator have a bugy.
--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Persoonlijke website
24help.info and issociate.de to duplicate this post.