a little problem with a background image

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Edwin van der Vaart, Sep 25, 2005.

  1. Good day to all,

    I'm redesigning my semi-conductor.nl site.
    In the body I have specified a background image at 1.4em 1.5em and in
    the #title a background image on the right side of the block element.
    When I specify a background colour with the colour for H1 (accoording to
    the w3c), the background images are half visible. When I specify
    transparent as background for the H1, the validator complains about the
    background colour.
    How can I solf this little background problem?
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    http://www.semi-conductor.nl/ Links to Semiconductors sites
    http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Persoonlijke website
    Explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers and issociate.de to
    duplicate this post.
     
    Edwin van der Vaart, Sep 25, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    > Good day to all,
    >
    > I'm redesigning my semi-conductor.nl site.
    > In the body I have specified a background image at 1.4em 1.5em and in
    > the #title a background image on the right side of the block element.
    > When I specify a background colour with the colour for H1 (accoording to
    > the w3c), the background images are half visible. When I specify
    > transparent as background for the H1, the validator complains about the
    > background colour.
    > How can I solf this little background problem?

    I want background: transparent *back*!!!
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    http://www.semi-conductor.nl/ Links to Semiconductors sites
    http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Persoonlijke website
    Explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers and issociate.de to
    duplicate this post.
     
    Edwin van der Vaart, Sep 25, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Edwin van der Vaart wrote:

    > Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    > > Good day to all,
    > >
    > > I'm redesigning my semi-conductor.nl site.
    > > In the body I have specified a background image at 1.4em 1.5em and
    > > in the #title a background image on the right side of the block
    > > element. When I specify a background colour with the colour for H1
    > > (accoording to the w3c), the background images are half visible.
    > > When I specify transparent as background for the H1, the validator
    > > complains about the background colour. How can I solf this little
    > > background problem?

    > I want background: transparent back!!!


    How about just using it this way?
    background-color: transparent

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -
    (remove NOSPAM to contact me directly)
     
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=, Sep 25, 2005
    #3
  4. Kim André Akerø wrote:
    > Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    >>Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    >>
    >>>Good day to all,
    >>>
    >>>I'm redesigning my semi-conductor.nl site.
    >>>In the body I have specified a background image at 1.4em 1.5em and
    >>>in the #title a background image on the right side of the block
    >>>element. When I specify a background colour with the colour for H1
    >>>(accoording to the w3c), the background images are half visible.
    >>>When I specify transparent as background for the H1, the validator
    >>>complains about the background colour. How can I solf this little
    >>>background problem?

    >>
    >>I want background: transparent back!!!

    >
    > How about just using it this way?
    > background-color: transparent

    Tried it, but still the css-validator complaining about "You have no
    background-color with your color".

    I did looked up in w3c school, also they write that you can specify
    background: transparent. So I can conclude that the css validator of w3c
    have a bugy.
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    http://www.semi-conductor.nl/ Links to Semiconductors sites
    http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Persoonlijke website
    Explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers to duplicate this post.
     
    Edwin van der Vaart, Sep 25, 2005
    #4
  5. Edwin van der Vaart

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Edwin van der Vaart wrote:

    > Tried it, but still the css-validator complaining about "You have no
    > background-color with your color".


    But I think you'll find it's a *warning*, not an *error*.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Contact Me ~ http://tobyinkster.co.uk/contact
     
    Toby Inkster, Sep 25, 2005
    #5
  6. Toby Inkster wrote:
    > Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Tried it, but still the css-validator complaining about "You have no
    >>background-color with your color".

    >
    > But I think you'll find it's a *warning*, not an *error*.

    You're right. It's a warning and not an error.
    Nobody is perfect. But stil I find that the validator have a bugy.
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    http://www.semi-conductor.nl/ Links to Semiconductors sites
    http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Persoonlijke website
    Explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers, onlinemarketingtoday,
    24help.info and issociate.de to duplicate this post.
     
    Edwin van der Vaart, Sep 25, 2005
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. ThaDoctor
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    403
    Alan Woodland
    Sep 28, 2007
  2. jc
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,768
  3. jc
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,396
    Neredbojias
    Mar 19, 2008
  4. Dj Frenzy
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    332
    Robert
    Feb 10, 2004
  5. Daniel
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    223
    Bart van Ingen Schenau
    Jul 9, 2013
Loading...

Share This Page