A little question about asp.net 2

Luigi Corrias

Good Morning,
Sorry for my imperfect english.
I have this little question:
I want try ASP.net beta 2 in my development server (windows xp
professional sp2)
i have VS 2003 asp.net 1.1 and SQL Server 2000 - a tipical
installation-
Can i install the .net framework beta 2 without overwrite my
precedente installation? can exist, in the same computer, both
framework .net 1.1 and 2 at the same time, Without any problem??
If no what can i do??
many many many thanks

Your italian fans

Luigi :D

Paul Glavich [MVP - ASP.NET]

No. ASP.Net V2 will cause problems for your V1.1 installation. The V2
debugger will always be used and a couple of other things that may cause you
some grief when developing V1.1 aplications. Personally, I recommend getting
a copy of Virtual PC and using that to install a separate operating system
and copy of VS.Net 2005 to use.

Guest

I have v1 and v2 on the same machine with no problems at all such as
debugging.
I'm creating apps with v1 for our prod servers and creating an app in v2 for
our test servers and i'm having no issues at all.

Saravana

Actually you can have versions of asp.net in one machine. But i am facing
debugging problem in v1.1 if i have v2.0. Better approach is to have a
virtual PC for beta softwares.