a little trouble passing values to Oracle using bind variables

Michael.Coll-Barth

All,

As the subject line says, I am having some trouble passing bind variables to
Oracle. When I pass a printable string value, such as 'NM', I get data.
When I try to pass a non-printable character, such as 'return' - chr(13), I
get no data back. I can't simply make NactionCode = chr(13), as python
would change the value of NactionCode to '\r' and Oracle sees this as a two
byte character, and not chr(13). I have looked into how Oracle might accept
something like '\x00' for chr(0), but to no avail.

Any thoughts?

thanks,
Michael

def goGetIt( NactivityDt, NactionCode ):

dataQuery = '''select a, b, c
from %s
where activityDt = :NactivityDt
and actionCode = :NactionCode
order by %s
''' % ( schema.tableName )

dbm.cursor.execute(dataQuery, NactivityDt = activityDt, NactionCode =
actionCode )
result = dbm.cursor.fetchall()

return result

NactivityDt = '12-apr-2005'
NactionCode = 'NM'
act1 = goGetIt( NactivityDt, NactionCode )

NactivityDt = '12-apr-2005'
NactionCode = 'chr(13)'
act2 = goGetIt( NactivityDt, NactionCode )

NactivityDt = '12-apr-2005'
NactionCode = chr(13)
act3 = goGetIt( NactivityDt, NactionCode )
product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure. If the reader
copies and backups thereof. Thank you.