A MD5Crypt implementation

Discussion in 'Python' started by Sandip Bhattacharya, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. Hi!

    I was looking around for a crypt(3) module which can interpret the MD5
    based hashes that the shadow files in Linux use nowadays.

    Since I couldnt find any, I went ahead and coded my own - borrowing the
    logic from the appropriate Glibc file.

    I really hope that I havent duplicated effort already done in an
    existing module (which I havent been able to spot till now). If I have,
    do break the news to me as gently as you could ;), 'coz I spent a good
    number of hours on this.

    I am a new python user. Please take a look at
    http://www.puroga.com/py/CryptMD5.py and tell me how I could have coded
    it better.

    Thanks,
    Sandip

    --
    Sandip Bhattacharya
    sandip (at) puroga.com

    GPG: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3
    Sandip Bhattacharya, Mar 2, 2004