A MD5Crypt implementation

Sandip Bhattacharya

Hi!

I was looking around for a crypt(3) module which can interpret the MD5
based hashes that the shadow files in Linux use nowadays.

Since I couldnt find any, I went ahead and coded my own - borrowing the
logic from the appropriate Glibc file.

I really hope that I havent duplicated effort already done in an
existing module (which I havent been able to spot till now). If I have,
do break the news to me as gently as you could ;), 'coz I spent a good
number of hours on this.

I am a new python user. Please take a look at
http://www.puroga.com/py/CryptMD5.py and tell me how I could have coded
it better.

Thanks,
Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya
sandip (at) puroga.com

GPG: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3

verona