A Memory leak in the dotnet UserControl ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Loic, Jan 27, 2006.

  1. Loic

    Loic Guest

    A Memory leak in the dotnet UserControl ?

    Hi All,
    I’ve tried to use the following “Host Secure, Lightweight Client-Side
    Controls in Microsoft Internet Explorer†sample (I’d like to use a C# User
    Control for a project):
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/01/userctrl/

    Everything seams working fine (the control is displayed, localhost is fully
    trusted, …), but using the Windows Task Manager, each time I’m reloading the
    page using the IE refresh button, I can see the IE process size growing and
    growing...To do the test, I haven’t tried uploading files.

    I’ve also tried to use a UserControl in IE, referencing it by a GUID, but
    I’m facing the same problem (I’d like to have a control tightly integrated in
    the web page, with a display area, buttons…, like an ActiveX or an applet).

    Something else: each time I’m launching IE, a large delay is necessary to
    reload the control in the page. Even checking the msdn article “Runtime Probe
    Causes a Delay…â€.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;814668
    But it didn’t help me. A more detailed sample would be a good thing. I don’t
    have this delay if I reference the control using a GUID.

    Any Idea?
    Thanks for suggestions
    Loïc

    Environment:
    Project modifications: Timer removed
    Visual Studio 2003
    ..NET Framework V1.1.4322
    Server: Tomcat 5.5
    Client: IE6.0.xxx

    Userctrl.html

    <OBJECT id="upload1"
    classid="bin/Upload.dll#TestCorp.ClientControls.MultiUploadCtrl"
    width=800 height=300 style="font-size:12;">
    <PARAM Name="FileUploadURL"
    Value="http://localhost/ServerFileUpload/UploadFile.aspx">
    <PARAM Name="MaxSessionUpload"
    Value="10646">