a Multiplayer Pong, hmmm...

JariTapio

Hei!

I was just wonderin as a new with Java and
seen some code of Visual C++ that is it possible
with Java to make an multiplayer pong to your home
page to people to play...

JariTapio/Helsinki/2005
www.EuroJari.com

Knute Johnson

JariTapio said:
Hei!

I was just wonderin as a new with Java and
seen some code of Visual C++ that is it possible
with Java to make an multiplayer pong to your home
page to people to play...

JariTapio/Helsinki/2005
www.EuroJari.com

JariTapio:

I don't know why not. Did you take a look at my Pong program?

JariTapio

I don't know why not. Did you take a look at my Pong program?

Do you know the code what it takes to make an homepage java applet pong for
multiplayers at their own
homes...

thats Ultimatus O Pong :

Please tell me how you see the code and what are server
and client commands...

i will be waiting with a great huusiasim...

Knute Johnson

JariTapio said:
Do you know the code what it takes to make an homepage java applet pong for
multiplayers at their own
homes...

thats Ultimatus O Pong :

Please tell me how you see the code and what are server
and client commands...

i will be waiting with a great huusiasim...

Well I was thinking two players at a computer not a player at two
computers :). You would have to have a really fast connection with
very low latency. Not sure it would work over the internet. UDP
communication is pretty quick though. Maybe the communications delay
could be taken up in the paddle. Pausing for the latency period to let
the other side catch up. I'll have to think about this a little.