    the data will be inserted into the mySQL database

    How can I do that?

    Thanks a lot!

    QQ, Jun 3, 2005

  2. QQ wrote:
    > Hello I am trying to build a webpage
    > which will be an interface,
    > people can input data through the webpage
    > the data will be inserted into the mySQL database
    >

    > How can I do that?

    In many different ways. What have you tried so far and where are you stuck
    in your Perl program (assuming you are using Perl; there are many solutions
    that that don't involve Perl).

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Jun 3, 2005

  3. QQ <> wrote:
    > Hello I am trying to build a webpage
    > which will be an interface,
    > people can input data through the webpage
    > the data will be inserted into the mySQL database
    >

    > How can I do that?

    1) write a web page in HTML

    2) get an accessable web server

    3) write a Perl program to get the form fields and insert
    them into the database.

    Which parts have you gotten done already?

    Which parts to you need help with?

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming

    Tad McClellan, Jun 3, 2005
  4. QQ

    Guest

    QQ wrote:
    > Hello I am trying to build a webpage
    > which will be an interface,
    > people can input data through the webpage
    > the data will be inserted into the mySQL database
    >

    > How can I do that?
    >
    > Thanks a lot!

    There's a book for MySQL, Perl and The Web. Check out Amazon.com.

    wana

    , Jun 3, 2005
  5. QQ

    Sisyphus Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > There's a book for MySQL, Perl and The Web. Check out Amazon.com.

    Better still - check out any book store *other* than Amazon.com.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Jun 3, 2005
  6. QQ

    QQ Guest

    Thank you very much!

    Actually I have no clue at all on how to do it.

    I doubt perl can do it, so I post the question here.

    Any suggestions not limited in perl is high appreciated

    QQ, Jun 3, 2005
  7. QQ

    John Bokma Guest

    QQ wrote:

    > Thank you very much!
    >
    > Actually I have no clue at all on how to do it.
    >
    > I doubt perl can do it, so I post the question here.
    >
    > Any suggestions not limited in perl is high appreciated

    Either find someone who can do it, or start studying (which involves
    reading 3-4 books, each about $40 USD or so I guess)

    John Bokma, Jun 3, 2005
  8. QQ

    Bart Lateur Guest

    QQ wrote:

    >Hello I am trying to build a webpage
    >which will be an interface,
    >people can input data through the webpage
    >the data will be inserted into the mySQL database
    >

    >How can I do that?

    By installing mysqltool.

    <http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysqltool/>

    --
    Bart.

    Bart Lateur, Jun 3, 2005
  9. QQ

    Guest

    "QQ" <> wrote:
    > Hello I am trying to build a webpage
    > which will be an interface,
    > people can input data through the webpage
    > the data will be inserted into the mySQL database
    >
    > How can I do that?

    I would do that by writing a Perl program which uses CGI and DBI and
    DBD::mysql and which does what I want.

    HTH,

    Xho

    Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

    , Jun 3, 2005