A new japanese dictionary and learning tool in Ruby

Mathieu Blondel

Hi all,

I've launched the first version of Nihongo Benkyo, a japanese
dictionary and learning tool made in Ruby.

This is a free software under GPL.

At this time, Nihongo Benkyo :

* Is available for Linux and other Unix systems.
* Searches words from kanji, kana, romaji or translation.
* Imports EDICT-format dictionaries.
* Scans selections from other applications.
* Has its interface translated in english and french.

The website is here : http://nihongobenkyo.rubyforge.org/ (see
screenshots and planned features)

For people who would like to get involved, do not hesitate to subscribe
to the mailing list of the project. I'm looking for people to test the
program, create icons, translate the interface, and help me with the
code.

Cheers,
Mathieu Blondel