A new repository for Net::SSH

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Delano Mandelbaum, Jun 20, 2009.

  1. I use Net::SSH quite extensively so I was concerned about the future
    of the project when Jamis Buck announced his departure from the
    project back in February. I really appreciate the time Jamis has put
    in to Net::SSH and I want to make sure the library continues to be
    maintained so I created a new repository at GitHub and will fill the
    role of interim maintainer:

    http://github.com/net-ssh/net-ssh/

    I have a hunch there are other developers out there who are willing
    and able to make contributions to the project. My intent is simply to
    help organize that effort. I plan to apply pull requests and patches
    but I do not plan to continue feature development myself at this time.
    For those interested in contributing, I’m happily accepting patches,
    pull requests, and even suggestions for minor changes. You can email
    me at . If this is successful and/or helpful to
    the community, I’ll fork over Net::SCP and the rest of the crew as
    well.

    A final note: I am not a security professional so if anyone has
    experience in this area and is interested in reviewing changes before
    they’re pulled into the repo please contact me.

    More info here: http://solutious.com/blog/2009/06/19/net-ssh-repository/
    Delano Mandelbaum, Jun 20, 2009