A newbie JMF question

David

There we go, should have its own thread now :)

Let me start off by saying im a newbie to JMF so sorry if this appears
like a stupid question.

I have a RTP data stream that I want capture. Essentially im hoping that
JMF can provide me with the framework to read the incoming packets (and
have the framework re-order any out of sequence packets) and let me
extract the raw data, which is a proprietary nature

I figured out just try out JMF to see if it could do what I want but ive
really been struggling.

Ive successfully got to the stage where "update" on my
ReceiveStreamListener is called when the RTP from the server starts. Now
at this stage I was hoping to just use the javax.media.Buffer class to
read in the RTP packets.
So I did this:

PushBufferDataSource source = (PushBufferDataSource)ds;
PushBufferStream[] streams = source.getStreams();
streams[0].setTransferHandler(this);

However, even though I can confirm RTP packets are arriving (using a packet
sniffer) transferData callback method never gets called. Im obviously
missing something completely so I would really appreciate it if someone
could point me in the right direction here or can I not do what Im
hoping to do here.

Thanks

David

David

Well ill answer my own post...

Yes one can do it. Gotta create a Processor first though. Dont really
understand why since I dont want to alter/decode/do anything other than
get the raw data.

david