A newbie query about Soap4R and dot net web services

David Moore

Can anyone help me with this Soap4r problem?

I have created a simple web service in dot net using Visual studio and
have modified a sample program from the Soap4r distribution to access
it.

Here's the program:

require 'soap/rpc/driver'

class Exchange
ForeignServer = "http://dmoorexp/calcwebservice/service1.asmx"
MyServiceNamespace = 'http://dlogic.com/dmwebservices'

def initialize
@drv = SOAP::RPC::Driver.new(ForeignServer, MyServiceNamespace)
@drv.add_method("Mul", "x", "y")
end

def mul(x, y)
@drv.call(Mul)
return @drv.Mul(x, y)
end
end

e = Exchange.new()
e.mul(10,20)

when run I get the message:

#<SOAP::Mapping::Object:0x2dd5d90>: Server did not recognize the value
of HTTP Header
SOAPAction: . (SOAP::FaultError)

Here is the soap header that the visual studio diagnostic program says
is expected.

POST /calcwebservice/service1.asmx HTTP/1.1
Host: dmoorexp
SOAPAction: "http://dlogic.com/dmwebservices/Mul"

Any suggestions as to how I can diagnose what is going wrong? I am a
newcomer to Soap and Soap4r. Is there any good tutorial material
covering how to access dot net webservices?

Thanks for anything!
David Moore