A newbie question on SSO

Holysmoke

Hi,

I am trying to implement a SSO using FormsAuthentication for all my
applications.
When Authenticated, I am saving ApplicationID and RoleID in CSV form and
store it on the cookie.

Here is the sequence of events I try to implement

When an user requests an web application for the first time, he/she is
redirected to my SSO Web application
which does authentication and retrieves list of applications and its
respective roles and store on the ticket/cookie.

When the user requests a new web application (ie., when he/she changes to
the new url)
I would like to pass the Ticket(cookie) which I have created before to a web
service and check this user
has some role to this application or not.

For implementing this logic,
I would like to know which global.asax event should I use? I see
OnAuthenticationRequest event but don't know
how to use it. Can you explain how that event works as I see little
documentation about it in MSDN.

I appreciate your help and comments,

Holy

Holysmoke

Hi Hernan,

Can you explain what how to handle in code for this scenario.

A user asks for an application 1 by typing the url.
First time he/she is redirected to SSO
Signs in successful and access the application 1
now he types url the new application 2 which he has no roles defined

Now I decrypt the ticket and found no roles defined for this application.
I want to redirect to a page saying you have no access.
I don't want to config on web.config or from the code of every page.

Is it possible to do something simple in AuthenticateRequest event?

TIA,
Holy

Now i would like to say you have no access,

How to