A Note Of Appreciation for Patricia Shanahan

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roedy Green, Apr 26, 2006.

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    Patrician Shanahan is the person in the newsgroups I respect above all
    others.

    Not only has she what seems to me a oracular ability to divine the
    meaning of the Java Language Spec, she always seems to settle
    arguments with her authorative knowledge.

    She is kind, tactful and helpful.

    She is one of the few people I have encountered on the planet I would
    call wise.

    She has a wonderful self assurance. She does not need to prove
    anything.

    I hope this does not go to her head.

    I would just like to say to her, I'm so glad you are here.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Apr 26, 2006

  2. Roedy Green

    Alex Buell Guest

    On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 09:22:54 GMT Roedy Green
    <> waved a wand and this
    message magically appeared:

    > Patrician Shanahan

    That's not going to win you any brownie points with her...

    --
    http://www.munted.org.uk

    Take a nap, it saves lives.
    Alex Buell, Apr 26, 2006

  3. Roedy Green

    steve Guest

    On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:22:54 +0800, Roedy Green wrote
    (in article <>):

    rodders,
    Are you o.k?

    I've noticed that you appear getting a little more eccentric each month.
    Personally there's nothing wrong with Hero worship, but in the privacy of
    your own home please.
    Or perhaps a shrine on your website?

    Steve

    steve, Apr 26, 2006
  4. "Roedy Green" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Patrician Shanahan is the person in the newsgroups I respect above all
    > others.
    >
    > Not only has she what seems to me a oracular ability to divine the
    > meaning of the Java Language Spec, she always seems to settle
    > arguments with her authorative knowledge.
    >
    > She is kind, tactful and helpful.
    >
    > She is one of the few people I have encountered on the planet I would
    > call wise.
    >
    > She has a wonderful self assurance. She does not need to prove
    > anything.
    >
    > I hope this does not go to her head.

    If she's as fine as you say (and I think she is), it won't.

    > I would just like to say to her, I'm so glad you are here.

    I'll add my voice to this chorus.
    Thanks Patricia.

    George W. Cherry
    George Cherry, Apr 27, 2006