A parser error has occurred?

Olav

I get this error in the EventLog when I try to open an ASP.NET 2.0 web page.

What should I look for to fix the problem?

Olav

Event code: 3006
Event message: A parser error has occurred.
Event time: 5/30/2006 11:36:58 PM
Event time (UTC): 5/30/2006 9:36:58 PM
Event ID: d47320e10ef04c018c054e8f57a6b306
Event sequence: 1
Event occurrence: 1
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
Application domain:
/LM/W3SVC/80972989/Root/Flyfoto/Admin-9-127934986183549005
Trust level: Full
Application Virtual Path: /Flyfoto/Admin
Application Path: C:\WebSites\Mapaid\Flyfoto\Admin\
Machine name: WEB02

Process information:
Process ID: 1828
Process name: w3wp.exe
Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:
Exception type: HttpException
Exception message: Could not load type 'Mapaid.Global'.

Request information:
Request URL: http://www.mapaid.com/flyfoto/admin/organizationlist.aspx
Request path: /flyfoto/admin/organizationlist.aspx
User host address: 217.13.23.119
User:
Is authenticated: False
Authentication Type:
Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Thread information:
Thread ID: 9
Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Is impersonating: False
Stack trace: at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilationException()
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled()
at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager
appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory
configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)

Custom event details:

Guest

Do you have a Global.asax file?
That's what it says it can't load. Might want to check the namespace. Also,
you do not have to have a global.asax file.
Peter

parshu

Hi,

I might b wrong here as i've primarily worked with asp.net 1.1. I
usually got this error when an assembly reference was missing. U might
wanna check if all assembly r present in ur bin folder.

Thanx

Juan T. Llibre

re4:
I might b wrong here

You are.

Peter's analysis is on the button.

The exception message: Could not load type 'Mapaid.Global' is quite specific.

The problem is that Mapaid.Global can't be found.
The most probable causes are a misspelling or an incorrect name reference.