A parser for S.W.I.F.T. MT940 Files (for banking transactions)

Saki

Hello,

I need an MT940 file parses. It can be either a pure python library or
a binding/wrapper, no matter. Almost all european banks provide
transactions extract in MT940 format. There are parsers around, but
none of them are for python. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Saki

dwahli

Hello,

I need an MT940 file parses. It can be either a pure python library or
a binding/wrapper, no matter. Almost all european banks provide
transactions extract in MT940 format. There are parsers around, but
none of them are for python. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Saki

I have written some parser for electronic payment file, but not for
MT940, sorry...

For this kind of task I always use Construct (http://
construct.wikispaces.com/) which is a truly wonderful parser builder
for Python.

Hope it could help.

John Machin

a month is more than enough - i would expect to have something in a week.
if possible, a data size of 1GB or more would be useful, but

A gigabyte of SWIFT messages as test data?
please remember that this is a "best efforts" attempt only.  i have no
previous experience with this file format, or with banking data, and the
result will come with no warranty.  you may want to continue to
investigate other solutions.  i have no idea what your final application
is, but you should at the very least test any parser (and related
libraries) thoroughly before using it in a critical application.

Like sending a few million dollars over the wire around the world?