A peculiar problem.

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by catchanu@yahoo.com, Mar 2, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi friends,
    I really have a peciluar problem. This is what happeneing.
    On windows 2000, server and IIS.
    I have created a virtual directory for ASP files under default website,
    all these days it was working fine. And they rebooted the server y'day.
    Now when I go to my virtual directory, right clcik, say browse(on an
    asp file) I started getting error.

    Internal Server Error: 500
    Internet Information Services.

    Technical Inforamtion:
    Error Type:
    rado.conn (0X8004020B)
    Could not open the debug or log file \ActiveFSP\includes.inc, line 80.

    I will post what I have in includes.inc.
    set oConn = server.createobject("RADO.CONN")
    oConn.CommandTimeout=150 ----------> line 80.
    oCOnn.mode=1
    hr = oConn.open(Application("DBConfig"))
    Now, I go to Administration web site, create the same virtual directory
    for ASP files, adn browse. Everything works.
    I come back to Default WebSite and looks like everything is fine. I am
    really confused . I want to use default website(c:\localhost).
    Could somebody shed light on this.
    Thanks

    , Mar 2, 2005

  2. Hal Rosser Guest

    I'm not positive about this, but many problems have to do with 'permissions'
    right-click the virtual directory and check the permissions.

    Hal Rosser, Mar 3, 2005

    I did compare both Default Web site ->virtual directory permission and
    Administration web site-> visrtual directory .( they both refering to
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspfolder). Everything matches. I don't know whats
    happening.
    Thansk for the reply.

    , Mar 3, 2005