A portable LISP interpreter that includes all the majorlist-processing functions is described. A com

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Emmy Noether, Jul 23, 2010.

  1. Emmy Noether

    Emmy Noether Guest

    Title Portable LISP interpreter
    Creator/Author Cox, L.A. Jr. ; Taylor, W.P.
    Publication Date 1978 May 31
    OSTI Identifier OSTI ID: 7017786
    Report Number(s) UCRL-52417
    DOE Contract Number W-7405-ENG-48
    Resource Type Technical Report
    Research Org California Univ., Livermore (USA). Lawrence Livermore
    Lab.
    Subject 99 GENERAL AND MISCELLANEOUS//MATHEMATICS, COMPUTING, AND
    INFORMATION SCIENCE; COMPUTER CODES; L CODES; COMPUTERS; PROGRAMMING;
    PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES
    Description/Abstract A portable LISP interpreter that includes all the
    major list-processing functions is described. A complete, annotated
    listing of the program's code, written in PASCAL, is included.
    Country of Publication United States
    Language English
    Format Medium: X; Size: Pages: 21
    Availability Dep. NTIS, PC A02/MF A01.
    System Entry Date 2008 Feb 12
    Emmy Noether, Jul 23, 2010

  2. On Jul 23, 12:06 pm, Emmy Noether <> wrote:
    > Title   Portable LISP interpreter
    > Creator/Author  Cox, L.A. Jr. ; Taylor, W.P.
    > Publication Date        1978 May 31
    > OSTI Identifier OSTI ID: 7017786
    > Report Number(s)        UCRL-52417
    > DOE Contract Number     W-7405-ENG-48
    > Resource Type   Technical Report
    > Research Org    California Univ., Livermore (USA). Lawrence Livermore
    > Lab.
    > Subject 99 GENERAL AND MISCELLANEOUS//MATHEMATICS, COMPUTING, AND
    > INFORMATION SCIENCE; COMPUTER CODES; L CODES; COMPUTERS; PROGRAMMING;
    > PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES
    > Description/Abstract    A portable LISP interpreter that includes all the
    > major list-processing functions is described. A complete, annotated
    > listing of the program's code, written in PASCAL, is included.
    > Country of Publication  United States
    > Language        English
    > Format  Medium: X; Size: Pages: 21
    > Availability    Dep. NTIS, PC A02/MF A01.
    > System Entry Date       2008 Feb 12

    Is this available online? If only in hardcopy form, do they lend it
    out?
    TheFlyingDutchman, Jul 24, 2010

  3. Emmy Noether

    Emmy Noether Guest

    On Jul 23, 9:27 pm, TheFlyingDutchman <> wrote:
    > On Jul 23, 12:06 pm, Emmy Noether <> wrote:
    >

    > > Title   Portable LISP interpreter
    > > Creator/Author  Cox, L.A. Jr. ; Taylor, W.P.
    > > Publication Date        1978 May 31
    > > OSTI Identifier OSTI ID: 7017786
    > > Report Number(s)        UCRL-52417
    > > DOE Contract Number     W-7405-ENG-48
    > > Resource Type   Technical Report
    > > Research Org    California Univ., Livermore (USA). Lawrence Livermore
    > > Lab.
    > > Subject 99 GENERAL AND MISCELLANEOUS//MATHEMATICS, COMPUTING, AND
    > > INFORMATION SCIENCE; COMPUTER CODES; L CODES; COMPUTERS; PROGRAMMING;
    > > PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES
    > > Description/Abstract    A portable LISP interpreter that includes all the
    > > major list-processing functions is described. A complete, annotated
    > > listing of the program's code, written in PASCAL, is included.
    > > Country of Publication  United States
    > > Language        English
    > > Format  Medium: X; Size: Pages: 21
    > > Availability    Dep. NTIS, PC A02/MF A01.
    > > System Entry Date       2008 Feb 12

    > Is this available online? If only in hardcopy form, do they lend it
    > out?

    I am glad to share with everyone. However its useless without the
    ability to compile and run. Also with text, its easy to read and
    discuss the code which has a listing of 900 lines.

    I have already spent 4 hours scanning/processing to a stage where I
    got a decent OCR which needs hand-verification of pages. I need 4 or 8
    volunteers depending on whether one want to do two pages each or 1
    page each. Its an hour of joyful work each for two pages. Explanation
    are good quality. We will re-write to C, python etc.

    It must be edited in emacs in fundamental mode to override pascal mode
    indentation. Go to pascal mode periodically to colorize to indicate
    errors, and then revert before inserting anything. Stay close to the
    original page.

    Email me to receive image and initial ocr and lots of fixes I did by
    hand for more than 4hrs. Send only plain text message or it goes to
    spam.

    Then we share with everyone here or put it on some site.

    E.N.
    Emmy Noether, Jul 24, 2010
  4. Emmy Noether

    Emmy Noether Guest

    On Jul 23, 9:27 pm, TheFlyingDutchman <> wrote:
    > On Jul 23, 12:06 pm, Emmy Noether <> wrote:
    >

    > > Title   Portable LISP interpreter
    > > Creator/Author  Cox, L.A. Jr. ; Taylor, W.P.
    > > Publication Date        1978 May 31
    > > OSTI Identifier OSTI ID: 7017786
    > > Report Number(s)        UCRL-52417
    > > DOE Contract Number     W-7405-ENG-48
    > > Resource Type   Technical Report
    > > Research Org    California Univ., Livermore (USA). Lawrence Livermore
    > > Lab.
    > > Subject 99 GENERAL AND MISCELLANEOUS//MATHEMATICS, COMPUTING, AND
    > > INFORMATION SCIENCE; COMPUTER CODES; L CODES; COMPUTERS; PROGRAMMING;
    > > PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES
    > > Description/Abstract    A portable LISP interpreter that includes all the
    > > major list-processing functions is described. A complete, annotated
    > > listing of the program's code, written in PASCAL, is included.
    > > Country of Publication  United States
    > > Language        English
    > > Format  Medium: X; Size: Pages: 21
    > > Availability    Dep. NTIS, PC A02/MF A01.
    > > System Entry Date       2008 Feb 12

    > Is this available online? If only in hardcopy form, do they lend it
    > out?

    Are you willing to do some work on this ?

    Emmy Noether, Jul 24, 2010
  5. On Jul 24, 3:42 pm, Emmy Noether <> wrote:
    > On Jul 23, 9:27 pm, TheFlyingDutchman <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Jul 23, 12:06 pm, Emmy Noether <> wrote:

    > > > Title   PortableLISPinterpreter
    > > > Creator/Author  Cox, L.A. Jr. ; Taylor, W.P.
    > > > Publication Date        1978 May 31
    > > > OSTI Identifier OSTI ID: 7017786
    > > > Report Number(s)        UCRL-52417
    > > > DOE Contract Number     W-7405-ENG-48
    > > > Resource Type   Technical Report
    > > > Research Org    California Univ., Livermore (USA). Lawrence Livermore
    > > > Lab.
    > > > Subject 99 GENERAL AND MISCELLANEOUS//MATHEMATICS, COMPUTING, AND
    > > > INFORMATION SCIENCE; COMPUTER CODES; L CODES; COMPUTERS; PROGRAMMING;
    > > > PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES
    > > > Description/Abstract    A portableLISPinterpreter that includes all the
    > > > major list-processing functions is described. A complete, annotated
    > > > listing of the program's code, written inPASCAL, is included.
    > > > Country of Publication  United States
    > > > Language        English
    > > > Format  Medium: X; Size: Pages: 21
    > > > Availability    Dep. NTIS, PC A02/MF A01.
    > > > System Entry Date       2008 Feb 12

    > > Is this available online? If only in hardcopy form, do they lend it
    > > out?

    > I am glad to share with everyone. However its useless without the
    > ability to compile and run. Also with text, its easy to read and
    > discuss the code which has a listing of 900 lines.
    >
    > I have already spent 4 hours scanning/processing to a stage where I
    > got a decent OCR which needs hand-verification of pages. I need 4 or 8
    > volunteers depending on whether one want to do two pages each or 1
    > page each. Its an hour of joyful work each for two pages. Explanation
    > are good quality. We will re-write to C, python etc.
    >
    > It must be edited in emacs in fundamental mode to overridepascalmode
    > indentation. Go topascalmode periodically to colorize to indicate
    > errors, and then revert before inserting anything. Stay close to the
    > original page.
    >
    > Email me to receive image and initial ocr and lots of fixes I did by
    > hand for more than 4hrs. Send only plain text message or it goes to
    > spam.
    >
    > Then we share with everyone here or put it on some site.
    >
    > E.N.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYpkWbdOvrM&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y-Ct1NpxWA&feature=related

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7dKl-T6ZFA&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DtUtvDrbIM&feature=related

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOESV8kg1JE&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUCQRdVL9Pw&feature=related

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5ZbDIUvsNA&NR=1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-RT_NeKkos&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVJxzJAU0nE

    The FAT per DIEM FBI bustards use our TAX PAYER MONEY and INCOMPETENCE
    is UNACCEPTABLE.

    =====

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX18zUp6WPY

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQapkVCx1HI

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXJ-k-iOg0M

    Hey Racist and INcompetent FBI Bustards, where is the ANTHRAX Mailer ?
    Where are the 4 blackboxes ? Where are the Pentagon Videos ? Why did
    you release the 5 dancing Israelis compromising the whole 911
    investigation ? If the Dubai Police can catch Mossad Murderers and put
    the videos and Iranian Police can why cant you put the Pentagon
    Videos ? If Iran police can put the AMERICAN TERRORIST, Riggi and
    puting on INTERNATIONAL MEDIA a day after catching him without
    TORTURE, why cant you put the INNOCENT patsies on the MEDIA. Why did
    you have to LIE about Dr Afiya Siddiqui and torture that Innocent
    little mother of 3 and smashing the skull of her one child ?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhMcii8smxk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SZ2lxDJmdg

    There are CRIMINAL cases against CIA CRIMINAL Bustards in Italian
    courts.

    FBI bustards paid a penalty of $5.8 million to Steven Hatfill, but
    only because he was a white. They got away with MURDER of thousands of
    Non-whites in all parts of the world.

    Daily 911 news : http://911blogger.com

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRfhUezbKLw

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7kGZ3XPEm4

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX18zUp6WPY

    Conclusion : FBI bustards are RACIST and INcompetent. They could
    neither catch the ANTHRAX or 911 YANK/Jew criminals nor could they
    cover them up - whichever was their actual goal or task.

    SLASH the SALARIES of FBI/CIA/NSA etc BUSTARDS into half all across
    tbe board, esp the whites/jew on the top.

    FBI Bustards failed to Catch BERNARD MADOFF even after that RACIST and
    UNPATRIOTIC Act
    FBI bustards failed to prevent ROMAN POLANSKY from absconding to
    europe and rapes.
    FBI bustards failed to prevent OKLAHOMA
    nanothermite911fbibustards, Aug 5, 2010
  6. Emmy Noether

    fortunatus Guest

    On Jul 24, 6:42 pm, Emmy Noether <> wrote:
    > I have already spent 4 hours scanning/processing to a stage where I
    > got a decent OCR which needs hand-verification of pages. I need 4 or 8
    > volunteers depending on whether one want to do two pages each or 1
    > page each. Its an hour of joyful work each for two pages.

    Sheesh, if you just focussed on typing in, you could be done by now
    instead of fooling around with OCR and enlisting volunteers for
    something that amounts to the same beginner experiment that has been
    done 10,000 times: a fundamental Lisp interpreter.

    Don't get me wrong, it's a good experiment, but it really needn't
    require so much trouble...

    For that matter, why not write your own? Start by replicating
    McCarthy's group's initial interpreter...
    fortunatus, Aug 5, 2010