A problem about using xfire to replace axis

Discussion in 'Java' started by billdavidcn@gmail.com, Dec 26, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I am not sure this thread should be post here. It's a problem about
    using two different SOAP engine: axis and xfire to implement my web
    service.
    We used to implement my web service with axis, but to have a better
    performance, we choose xfire at last and made necessary change to our
    implementation. Everything goes well. But today, the test team reports
    the soap message they sent with testing tool can't be rightly resolved
    by xfire (it's all OK when we use axis.).
    But with another web service client created with WebLogic workshop,
    both implementation of web services can be accessed successfully. A
    detail comparsion shows: when we use xfire, to a complex type which
    belongs to some namespace, we must use a distinct namespace before the
    complex type, for example:
    <xoperation xmlns="http://xxx/v2_2/local">
    <reference>
    <endpoint>http://192.169.1.115:38080/</endpoint>
    <interfaceName>123456789</interfaceName>
    <correlator>906366161</correlator>
    </reference>
    is not acceptable by xfire, while the following package:
    <abc:xoperation xmlns:abc="http://xxx/v2_2/local">
    <abc:reference>
    <endpoint>http://192.169.1.115:38080/</endpoint>
    <interfaceName>123456789</interfaceName>
    <correlator>906366161</correlator>
    </abc:reference>
    is acceptable.
    But to me, I think the two formats are same. What's your opinion?
    Although the 2nd format is obviously correct, since
    endpoint/interfaceName/correlator does not belong to namespace abc, I
    can't find any evidence why the 1st format is wrong and why axis can
    parse it correctly.

    BTW:
    the following is xsd of SimpleReference:
    <xsd:complexType name="SimpleReference">
    <xsd:sequence>
    <xsd:element name="endpoint" type="xsd:anyURI"/>
    <xsd:element name="interfaceName" type="xsd:string"/>
    <xsd:element name="correlator" type="xsd:string"/>
    </xsd:sequence>
    </xsd:complexType>
    , Dec 26, 2006

  2. Tomek Guest

    napisal(a):

    > But with another web service client created with WebLogic workshop,
    > both implementation of web services can be accessed successfully. A
    > detail comparsion shows: when we use xfire, to a complex type which
    > belongs to some namespace, we must use a distinct namespace before the
    > complex type, for example:
    > <xoperation xmlns="http://xxx/v2_2/local">
    > <reference>
    > <endpoint>http://192.169.1.115:38080/</endpoint>
    > <interfaceName>123456789</interfaceName>
    > <correlator>906366161</correlator>
    > </reference>
    > is not acceptable by xfire, while the following package:
    > <abc:xoperation xmlns:abc="http://xxx/v2_2/local">
    > <abc:reference>
    > <endpoint>http://192.169.1.115:38080/</endpoint>
    > <interfaceName>123456789</interfaceName>
    > <correlator>906366161</correlator>
    > </abc:reference>
    > is acceptable

    You should post it on XFire users mailing list or even create jira
    issue with this problem :
    http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10750
    Tomek, Dec 27, 2006