A problem while testing MPEG-LibMPEG3-0.01

xern

The error message is as follows.

Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/MPEG/LibMPEG3/LibMPEG3.so' for module
MPEG::LibMPEG3:
blib/arch/auto/MPEG/LibMPEG3/LibMPEG3.so: undefined symbol:
mpeg3_seek_percentage at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.1/i686-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 229. at
test.pl line 18

I've got libmpeg3.a successfully installed, and have written a C
program to test libmpeg3, which was good. I'm curious about why this
error would happen. The author's email seems broken, so I cannot reach
him for the answer. Hope someone can give me the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Ben Morrow

The error message is as follows.

Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/MPEG/LibMPEG3/LibMPEG3.so' for module
MPEG::LibMPEG3:
blib/arch/auto/MPEG/LibMPEG3/LibMPEG3.so: undefined symbol:
mpeg3_seek_percentage at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.1/i686-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 229. at
test.pl line 18

I've got libmpeg3.a successfully installed, and have written a C
program to test libmpeg3, which was good. I'm curious about why this
error would happen. The author's email seems broken, so I cannot reach
him for the answer. Hope someone can give me the solution.

Are the versions compatible? What do you get from

nm /path/to/libmpeg3.a | grep mpeg3_seek_percentage

?

Ben

xern

Ben Morrow said:
Are the versions compatible? What do you get from

nm /path/to/libmpeg3.a | grep mpeg3_seek_percentage
Hmm, seems the perl module doesn't follow up to libmpeg3.

Anyway, thanks.