A python problem about int to long promotion just see the idle session

gen_tricomi

Python 2.4.2 (#67, Sep 28 2005, 12:41:11) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]
on win32

Personal firewall software may warn about the connection IDLE
makes to its subprocess using this computer's internal loopback
interface. This connection is not visible on any external
interface and no data is sent to or received from the Internet.

IDLE 1.1.22147483649L

from the above you can see what int to long promotion is causing
i dont need to say much please see for yourself. is this a bug or
a feature.

please mail me if you can help

(e-mail address removed)

Fredrik Lundh

gen_tricomi said:
IDLE 1.1.2
2147483649L

from the above you can see what int to long promotion is causing
i dont need to say much please see for yourself.

?

</F>

Robert Kern

gen_tricomi said:
from the above you can see what int to long promotion is causing
i dont need to say much please see for yourself. is this a bug or
a feature.

This is expected behavior. Why is it problematic for you?

--
Robert Kern

an underlying truth."
-- Umberto Eco

mensanator

gen_tricomi said:
Python 2.4.2 (#67, Sep 28 2005, 12:41:11) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]
on win32

Personal firewall software may warn about the connection IDLE
makes to its subprocess using this computer's internal loopback
interface. This connection is not visible on any external
interface and no data is sent to or received from the Internet.

IDLE 1.1.22147483649L

from the above you can see what int to long promotion is causing

Nope, it's not the promotion causing the problem.
i dont need to say much please see for yourself. is this a bug or
a feature.

Neither. Try changing the "+" and "-" to "+=" and "-=".
please mail me if you can help

"I don't think there can be any question about it.
It can only be attributable to human error.
This sort of thing has cropped up before...
....and it has always been due...
....to human error."
- HAL, 2001: A Space Odessy

gen_tricomi

wow i think i was just been too paranoid.
i thought it would affect some precision arithmetic in science.
thanks for the reply