A question about IDLE and environment variables

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tristan, Jan 9, 2007.

  1. Tristan

    Tristan Guest

    Hello community:
    I post this because I could not find satisfactory answers in the posts
    generated by this nice group.
    I work on winXP. I have many little python applications in different
    folders, each application can share or not other objects located in the
    same or other folders.
    The way I work to use these applications is:
    1) For almost everyone, I execute a corresponding ".bat file" into
    which I define and/or include values for some "temporal"
    environment variables that let me find all the objects that the
    selected application uses. Sometimes I include in the .bat file the
    execution of the application, but generally I leave in a prompt status,
    ready to invoke python or some dos commands.
    2) When I close the command prompt window, there are no traces of my
    enviroment variables in my windows system (that is right). Only the
    default windows environment variables remain.

    I tried to do the same with the IDLE (and I imagine tha same occurs
    with Python command line), but I have the next problem:
    I can not find in IDLE (or another app?) the way to previously define
    and/or include automatically values for my "temporal" environment
    variables as I do in the .bat files. The use of Control Panel -> System
    -> Advanced is tedious to use as, my enviroment variables values are
    "temporal".
    Any advice, please???
    Tristan, Jan 9, 2007