A question about IHttpModule and verbs

Kenneth Myhra

Hi,

We are trying to make an authorization module for our web dav folder using
..NET and implementing the IHttpModule. We have already done this in a
previous version of our product, with an ISAPI filter (written in c++), but
now we want to move it to .NET. We are almost where we want to be, by
implementing the IHttpModule interface we can almost do our own custom
authorization, but we need to get a hold of the verbs GET and PUT when
trying to load an office document from the web dav folder. So that we can
check if the user has read and/or write access to the file based on security
settings set in our product. But we have been unable to retrieve the GET and
PUT verbs when loading office documents. For .txt and .aspx files we receive
the GET and PUT verbs, so we can get to the verbs for other files, just not
when loading office documents. In office documents we only receive LOCK and
OPTIONS verbs. We have gone through all the documentation we could find but
we could not find any information regarding to our problem.

-Kenneth

Kenneth Myhra

Hi again, curious about if anybody has any idea why I can't get these verbs
(GET, PUT) when loading or storing a document to a web dav folder. If you
think I am asking the question in the wrong group, then please let me know.

Regards,
Kenneth Myhra

Kenneth Myhra

Hmm, seems I have partially figured this out, I *do* receive the GET verb,
but once I have loaded the document one time it is cached in my local IE
cache. After I have loaded it one time I only retrieve the OPTIONS verb
until I empty my local IE cache. I also have the option "Check for newer
versions of stored pages" set to "Every visit to the page" set in IE, but it
still obviously loads the office document from the cache. I guess I should
say that I am opening the documents from within IE and not from an Office
application at this time. Also the "Content Expiration" on the Web DAV
folder is set to "immediately". So my question is do any of you know why it
does *not* load the office document from the Web DAV folder at each request
when all of this settings is set?

Regards,
Kenneth Myhra