A question about input forms - hope someone can help

Claude

Hello:

I have a form that begins like this:

<!---Begin Form Handler---->
<form action="/server-scripts/formmail/FormMail.pl">

This particular form is a fairly long with over 60 textfields...

My question is:

Is it possible to put comments inside this form that will not show up in a
browser at the website - that will be hidden, but once the contents of the
form is submitted to the recipient and printed out - then my comments WILL
print out along with the input of the form.

In other words, I'd like to add a few comments at certain key areas inside
the form that can be read - along with the input of that form - for the
people who actually deal with the submitted form information.

How would I do that?

I hope this makes some sense. Thank you so much in advance.
Gloria

Kim André Akerø

Claude said:
Hello:

I have a form that begins like this:

<!---Begin Form Handler---->
<form action="/server-scripts/formmail/FormMail.pl">

This particular form is a fairly long with over 60 textfields...

My question is:

Is it possible to put comments inside this form that will not show up in a
browser at the website - that will be hidden, but once the contents of the
form is submitted to the recipient and printed out - then my comments WILL
print out along with the input of the form.

In other words, I'd like to add a few comments at certain key areas inside
the form that can be read - along with the input of that form - for the
people who actually deal with the submitted form information.

How would I do that?

I hope this makes some sense. Thank you so much in advance.
Gloria

<input type="hidden" name="field_name_here" value="your comments or
whatever" />

Hunter

Claude said:
Hello:

I have a form that begins like this:

<!---Begin Form Handler---->
<form action="/server-scripts/formmail/FormMail.pl">

This particular form is a fairly long with over 60 textfields...

My question is:

Is it possible to put comments inside this form that will not show up in a
browser at the website - that will be hidden, but once the contents of the
form is submitted to the recipient and printed out - then my comments WILL
print out along with the input of the form.

In other words, I'd like to add a few comments at certain key areas inside
the form that can be read - along with the input of that form - for the
people who actually deal with the submitted form information.

How would I do that?

I hope this makes some sense. Thank you so much in advance.
Gloria

Hi - you can use the hidden fields input type in html:
<input type="hidden" value="fieldname">
as long as the script expects these values.
http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/forms/input.html

Also - to note: Do not use this input type for passwords, credit card
numbers, etc as this field is only hidden from the browser window - not the
source code.

Further - if you'd like to modify your formmail perl script you can comment
out line using the hash symbol:
#

hth, david

Claude

Thank you kindly, Kim and David, for your help with my newbie question. . .
.. . I'm smilin' again . . . and it's your fault . . .
Gloria