A question regarding ASP Intrinsic objects from the perspective of

Fahad Ashfaque

Hi,

Please correct me if I go wrong anywhere in my understandings.

1- ISessionObject is created each time When any ASP Page is started executing and destroys on the page ends (not session end) while the session state (data) is originated already somewhere from where ISessionObject fetches. When user Request another page the ISessionObject is again constructed and the data from original location is loaded from there.
2- Same with IApplication type object & IScriptingContext object

Waiting for your helpful response

Best Regards
Fahad Ashfaque

Fahad Ashfaque

No I'm talking about Classic ASP.

Actually I need to know weather an unreleased interface is QIed from IScriptingContext and hold the pointer unless the session ends in order. We're doing research on all posibilites for sharing session state of asp and asp.net

If you've any new idea let me know but Kindly answer my primary question which is neccessary to me

Best Regards
Fahad

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

sharing session state of asp and asp.net

Use a database. They can't see each other's sessions.

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

Hi,

Hacking the session of ASP and ASP.NET (as well) is not easy. I advice
against doing it yourselves.
There are numerous samples on the net, which serve as a proxy between the
two technologies, including mine (which is written using ATL).

Regards