A question regarding localization /internationalization

Praveen

Hi..All,

Can you someone please explain me the difference between
inter-nationalization & localization ?
If I have a web based app & now I have to convert it & display it in a
different language, what do u call it?

Regards,

?

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Fr=E9d=E9ric_G=E9din?=

Praveen said:
Hi..All,

Can you someone please explain me the difference between
inter-nationalization & localization ?
If I have a web based app & now I have to convert it & display it in a
different language, what do u call it?

Regards,

Internationaization means that the strings which result in messages to the
user are coded in order to be read from a particular file or resource
bundle.
Localization means that you have written the particular file or resource
budle for a specific language.

This means that internationalization is he first step to make if you want
you program to be easily translated into another language. Localization
comes next.

See http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/i18n/index.html for more
informations.

Regards