    If I have a web based app & now I have to convert it & display it in a
    different language, what do u call it?

    Regards,

    Praveen, May 26, 2004

  2. Praveen wrote:

    > Hi..All,
    >
    > Can you someone please explain me the difference between
    > inter-nationalization & localization ?
    > If I have a web based app & now I have to convert it & display it in a
    > different language, what do u call it?
    >
    > Regards,

    Internationaization means that the strings which result in messages to the
    user are coded in order to be read from a particular file or resource
    bundle.
    Localization means that you have written the particular file or resource
    budle for a specific language.

    This means that internationalization is he first step to make if you want
    you program to be easily translated into another language. Localization
    comes next.

    See http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/i18n/index.html for more
    informations.

    Regards

    Frederic
    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Fr=E9d=E9ric_G=E9din?=, May 26, 2004