A question

Dave Vandervies

Scott W said:
K&R seems to be
geared towards people who can already program,

Yes; they even say so in their introduction.
have CS degrees, probably
a good maths understanding etc.

I had no problems reading it for comprehension when I was in high school,
long before I even thought about the CS degree I'm still working on, and
before I had seen enough real math to have a good understanding of it.
I think it's rather more likely that your assessment is wrong than that
I'm some kind of genius for being able to understand it with out those.
but then, if you already have those
backgrounds then you may be ok with K&R

If you understand the basics of computer programming, K&R2 should be the
first book you read to learn C. If you don't, it should be the second,
after one that covers the basics (and doesn't really have to use C,
but if you get a decent one it can't hurt).

dave