a real challange: Login Failed for user 'NT Authority\Anonymous LOGON'

Sorcerdon

Hello experts,

Im looking for a true expert to solve this.

I have a web application which displays a simple select from a table.

I have set impersination to true in the web config
I have Integrated Security = SSPI in my connection string
I have set authentication mode= windows
I have set my IIS to use Windows Authentication

I can run the application and when it comes up it shows half the text,
but once its gets to the data grid (where the SQL connection occurs),
it gives me the
Login Failed for user 'NT Authority\Anonymous LOGON' error.

Im trying to let any user with proper windows authentication to run the
application. This will be for a compnay wide web form that will let
users see a data table from SQL.

I have looked online for countless hours. I have found no solutions.

It seems the applcation gets proper authentication but it cant send it
to the SSPI connection string. Meaning the application gets the proper
authentication, but it doesnt send it to SQL.

Any idea people?

regards,

Stas K.

Sorcerdon

BTW,

The Application is on a seperate machine than the SQL server.

regards,
Stas K.

Norman Yuan

On your IIS, you should not allow "anonymous access" by going to ->IIS
manager->your web app->right-click->select "Properties..."->select
"Directory Security" tab->click "Edit..." button->uncheck "Enable anonymous
access".