    project has to be aligned with the timestamp?

    I would like to hear your comments about this task. Thank you very
    much.
    gnewsgroup, Feb 5, 2008

  2. "gnewsgroup" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I would like to hear your comments about this task.

    There are all sorts of intricate ways you can do this by changing the width
    of images, etc...

    However, such things always look unbelievably amateur, just like the
    hyperlink that you provided...

    Do yourself a huge favour and get hold of a 3rd-party charting add-in for
    ASP.NET - there are literally hundreds of these, some of which are free, and
    you'll be up and running in minutes rather than days.

    I use this: http://www.advsofteng.com/cdnet.html

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP
    Mark Rae [MVP], Feb 5, 2008

  3. gnewsgroup

    gnewsgroup Guest

    On Feb 5, 11:02 am, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote:
    > "gnewsgroup" <> wrote in message

    > > I would like to hear your comments about this task.

    > There are all sorts of intricate ways you can do this by changing the width
    > of images, etc...
    >
    > However, such things always look unbelievably amateur, just like the
    > hyperlink that you provided...

    I very much agree.

    > Do yourself a huge favour and get hold of a 3rd-party charting add-in for
    > ASP.NET - there are literally hundreds of these, some of which are free, and
    > you'll be up and running in minutes rather than days.
    >
    > I use this:http://www.advsofteng.com/cdnet.html

    It so happens that I have already been using chartdirector for a while
    for gant chart. Looks like I need to delve deeper into chartdirector.

    That said, I was wondering if the whole thing can be developed using
    HTML and css only.

    Thank you for your comments.
    gnewsgroup, Feb 5, 2008
  4. "gnewsgroup" <> wrote in message

    > It so happens that I have already been using chartdirector for a while
    > for gant chart. Looks like I need to delve deeper into chartdirector.

    Indeed.

    > That said, I was wondering if the whole thing can be developed using
    > HTML and css only.

    I'm sure it can - but, other than perhaps as a learning exercise, why would
    you want to...?

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP
    Mark Rae [MVP], Feb 5, 2008
  5. Not that hard to do, really. You don't need any images, just HTML elements
    with CSS. The "background" would be a straightforward HTML table. You would
    use a fixed pixel size for the width. For the bars in the foreground, you
    would use absolutely positioned divs, with colored backgrounds, and ZIndex >
    0. The sizes of these divs would be whatever height you want to assign them
    (in pixels) and the width determined by the length of the time period
    specified, relative to the width of the chart. The locations of them would
    similarly be determined by the starting point relative to the width of the
    chart, and the distance down from the top of the chart for each succcessive
    div.

    It would not be difficult to make the entire thing a Web Server Control that
    generates the HTML and CSS dynamically, for use with any web application.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Chicken Salad Surgeon
    Microsoft MVP

    Kevin Spencer, Feb 6, 2008

  1. news.microsoft.com

    Gantt Chart in ASP.net 2.0

    news.microsoft.com, Jun 14, 2005, in forum: ASP .Net
    Scott Allen
    Jun 14, 2005
  2. Maxim Senin/J2EE Experts at www.supremistic.com

    Gantt chart: is there an effective algorithm to validate?

    Maxim Senin/J2EE Experts at www.supremistic.com, Feb 25, 2004, in forum: Java