a remark about 'stability'

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Rainer Weikusat, May 26, 2013.

  1. ,----
    | I suspect that the CPAN-hostile environment which still promotes
    | CGI.pm as the state of the art in Perl overlaps strongly with the
    | older-is-better-stability-over-all enterprise Linux distribution
    | group, of which Red Hat for example won't provide Perl 5.20 for
    | several years,
    `----

    I also suspect that the fraction of people who have existing they
    don't want to see broken because of 'political attempts' to promote
    this or that not-yet-abanoded wepp fremmwuerg strongly overlaps with
    the fraction of people who have existing code they ....

    But you, dear modernists, can do better than outlined above: Just
    break more stuff which always used to work more rapidly and you might
    manage to make Perl 5 go the way of Perl6^Wthe dodo: Nobody uses it
    because it isn't fit for use anymore. Imagine that you can probably
    get 'RedHat' to never ship Perl 5.20 and onwards at all because
    none of their customers wants it.
    Rainer Weikusat, May 26, 2013