    basic problems is a tacit admission that said $random_non_perl_oo_crap
    failed to supplant the actually very nice Perl OO system based on its
    technical merits.

    Rainer Weikusat, Jun 11, 2012

  2. >>>>> "Rainer" == Rainer Weikusat <> writes:

    Rainer> Removing possibly useful documentation texts because they contain
    Rainer> 'politically unwelcome information' in order to help with forcing
    Rainer> people to download $random_non_perl_oo_crap from CPAN even for really
    Rainer> basic problems is a tacit admission that said $random_non_perl_oo_crap
    Rainer> failed to supplant the actually very nice Perl OO system based on its
    Rainer> technical merits.

    /me holds up secret decoder ring

    Nothing.

    /me pushes message through "content vs useless pointless rant" filter

    Aha. Pointless rant. Nobody knows *what* you're talking about.

    Randal L. Schwartz, Jun 11, 2012

    ,----
    | New Documentation
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | perlootut
    |
    | This a new OO tutorial. It focuses on basic OO concepts, and then
    | recommends that readers choose an OO framework from CPAN.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Removed Documentation
    | Old OO Documentation
    |
    | The old OO tutorials, perltoot, perltooc, and perlboot, have been
    | removed.
    `----
    http://perldoc.perl.org/perldelta.html

    I especially like statements like the following:

    As we said before, Perl's minimal OO system has led to a
    profusion of OO systems on CPAN. While you can still drop down
    to the bare metal and write your classes by hand, there's
    really no reason to do that with modern Perl.

    http://perldoc.perl.org/perlootut.html#CONCLUSION

    I can immediately provide such a 'good reason': Obviously, according
    to the opinions of the one bazillion people who wasted there spare
    time on implementing YARFPOO (yet another replacement for Perl OO) all
    other RFPOOs have serious drawbacks and in this case, I'd vote for the
    built-in mechanism because it is the built-in mechanism. I have enough
    deficient third-party written code I need to maintain already ...

    Rainer Weikusat, Jun 11, 2012