    As the star is an operator in Google, I haven't figured out how to
    formulate a useful search. :/

    Reid

    Reid Priedhorsky, Feb 2, 2007

  2. Reid Priedhorsky

    Guest

    , Feb 2, 2007

  3. On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 18:21:57 -0800, bearophileHUGS wrote:

    > Reid Priedhorsky:
    >> I'm looking for an open-source Python implementation of A* search for use
    >> in a mapping application.

    > You can try this one:
    > http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/python/search.html

    To paraphrase a wise saying:

    If you give a man a link, you satisfy his need for one day.
    But if you teach a man to search, you satisfy his need forever.

    Given that Reid had problems formulating a good search (because * is an
    operator in Google) what did you do?

    --
    Steven D'Aprano

    Steven D'Aprano, Feb 2, 2007
  4. Reid Priedhorsky

    Peter Otten Guest

    Steven D'Aprano wrote:

    > On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 18:21:57 -0800, bearophileHUGS wrote:
    >
    >> Reid Priedhorsky:
    >>> I'm looking for an open-source Python implementation of A* search for
    >>> use in a mapping application.

    >> You can try this one:
    >> http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/python/search.html

    > To paraphrase a wise saying:
    >
    > If you give a man a link, you satisfy his need for one day.
    > But if you teach a man to search, you satisfy his need forever.
    >
    > Given that Reid had problems formulating a good search (because * is an
    > operator in Google) what did you do?

    What he might have done:

    http://www.google.com/codesearch?hl=de&lr=&q=lang:python A[*] search&btnG=Suche

    Peter