A shell provider's choice of Ruby IRC bots and bouncers

Kyrre Nygård

Hello=2C

I have a friend who runs a server providing IRC services like Eggdrop an=
d psyBNC=2E Wait! I=27ve told him time and time again that there=27s no =
money (nor prestige) in this type of business=2C but he won=27t listen=2E=

Since he=27s such a great guy=2C however=2C I=27ve decided the least I c=
an do is to modernize his network and replace his decades old C binaries=
with some fresh new Ruby scripts=2E

Can anybody recommend me any decent alternatives to Eggdrop and psyBNC=3F=
So far I figured I=27d replace Eggdrop with Autumn Leaves=2E Is this a =
wise choice=3F

There are so many IRC applications on Rubyforge=2C maybe somebody has al=
ready tested them all and could share their results with me=3F

All the best=2C
Kyrre Nyg=E5rd

mileyka