A simple math libary problem?

Freefish

When I try to add the "pow" and "exp" function in my c program under
IRIX6.5 and complie and link it,I get two errors:
Unresolved text symbol "pow",
Unresolved text symbol "exp".

Why is that?Should I link the mathematical library?What is the
command?

Many thanks in advance.

Pushkar Pradhan

When I try to add the "pow" and "exp" function in my c program under
IRIX6.5 and complie and link it,I get two errors:
Unresolved text symbol "pow",
Unresolved text symbol "exp".

Why is that?Should I link the mathematical library?What is the
command?

Many thanks in advance.

zhou wei

When I try to add the "pow" and "exp" function in my c program under
IRIX6.5 and complie and link it,I get two errors:
Unresolved text symbol "pow",
Unresolved text symbol "exp".

Why is that?Should I link the mathematical library?What is the
command?

Many thanks in advance.

I think you should include the file <math.c>.

zhou wei

When I try to add the "pow" and "exp" function in my c program under
IRIX6.5 and complie and link it,I get two errors:
Unresolved text symbol "pow",
Unresolved text symbol "exp".

Why is that?Should I link the mathematical library?What is the
command?

Many thanks in advance.

I think you should include the file <math.c>.

James Hu

When I try to add the "pow" and "exp" function in my c program under
IRIX6.5 and complie and link it,I get two errors:
Unresolved text symbol "pow",
Unresolved text symbol "exp".

Why is that?Should I link the mathematical library?What is the
command?

This is a comp.lang.c frequently asked question. Please read the
answer to question 14.3 in the C-faq.

-- James

Dan Pop

Why is this in the FAQ? This seems to me like it's related to certain
platforms.

Because it's called FAQ and not FATQ (Frequently Asked Topical Questions).

Dan